Thread: Seek Advice On Jacket/Pants Combo

Seek Advice On Jacket/Pants Combo

Going to RevZilla on Saturday to pick up a new set of riding gear. I live in SE Pa and, since I work second shift, half of my riding time will be at night through bambi territory. I seriously doubt I will be riding when it's really cold or snowy and don't plan on riding in the rain unless caught by it.
    Will be doing 55 mi. a day for work and what every I can grab during the weekend. My wife and I thought the BMW jacket at the dealer looked and wore great but at $800++, I just could not justify that kind of money for just the jacket.
    Looking for convertable cool to warm riding gear and great venting when needed. Also, protection is mandatory.
    You guys and gals have been very helpful so far. What are your thoughts?

BMW Street Guard III

I have a set and they are excellent. Expensive but cheaper than skin grafting. Good ventilation until high 90's and well made. Very comfortable and very waterproof.
    You are worth quality gear!
    Campbell J Tellman II

Take a look at the Olympia AST Jacket and Ranger pants. I got mine from Revzilla. I've worn this combo in weather from 109 degrees last July and on trip from TN to New England and back October with temps ranging from mid 80's to to low 30's. the trip to NE included a lot of rainy weather. Both are waterproof shells with Liners for warmth. I was protected from the heat and cold. I'm a fan.
    Tom Baker
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    1970 Triumph Bonneville

Ute's Chauffeur
    I am a bit of a clothes whore have a bunch of BMW gear (I like that I can zip any pants to any jacket) and a couple of motoport Kevlar mesh suits. Since you are going to Revzilla try on the Revit stuff a friend that has them speaks highly of it and they seem to be of good quality construction.

If you try the Revit gear, make sure you try it on with your helmet and face shield closed if you wear a modular. I have a Schuberth C3 helmet and Revit Tornado suit and the collar bunches up around the helmet neck latch (very uncomfortable).
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE
    1984 Kawasaki 750 Turbo E1

Smile

OLYMPIA X-Moto jacket and pants!
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    OLYMPIA X-Moto jacket and pants!
    +1 for the Olympia Xmoto Jacket and pants. GREAT combo.
    Tom - MOA #156706, Hayward, CA
    2006 BMW R1200GS Adventure, aka "Gretel"
    1983 Honda V65 Magna - SOLD
    http://www.flyv65.com