Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hi all. Good to be back to BMWMOA!

  1. #1
    Loading the Bike
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbia, PA
    Posts
    3

    Hi all. Good to be back to BMWMOA!

    I bought a new 2012 R1200GS about a month ago. Having gotten solidly into my middle years, I was drawn to the "older" technology of the last iteration of the air/oil cooled twin. The R1200GS is my first new Beemer since I bought an R80 in the mid-1980s and joined BMWMOA back then. I've owned many bikes over the last thirty years but I've been drawn recently more and more to lighter, more responsive, better performing machines. The new GS fills that desire beautifully! So it's good to be back in the BMW fold.

  2. #2
    Registered User chasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    1,102

    Smile Welcome!

    It's good to have you back!
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

  3. #3
    Scooter Whisperer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Boca Raton Florida
    Posts
    56
    I'm very new here but it's nice to see someone return!

  4. #4
    Rather Be Ridin' alabeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Helena, Alabammer
    Posts
    1,466
    Welcome back! and I am betting you are gonna like that new ride!! Have fun!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

  5. #5
    Novice Adventurer Newstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Landenberg, PA
    Posts
    2,690
    Welcome, Tom! Me and my GS were through your town last weekend. That's one of our regular rides.


    So, the question is...are you going to get dirty? If so, click below on the GS Giants link or find us on Facebook.

    You may also want to check out the Mid Atlantic Riders. We meet on the second saturday of each month. We will be at the 50's Diner in Lancaster on 4/13. Our website is currently being reconstructed so PM me for details if interested.

  6. #6
    Registered User liv2ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    202

    Welcome back...

    And Congratulations on the new bike!

    Have any pics?

    Scot

  7. #7
    Loading the Bike
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbia, PA
    Posts
    3

    Thanks for the invites.

    Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Welcome, Tom! Me and my GS were through your town last weekend. That's one of our regular rides.


    So, the question is...are you going to get dirty? If so, click below on the GS Giants link or find us on Facebook.

    You may also want to check out the Mid Atlantic Riders. We meet on the second saturday of each month. We will be at the 50's Diner in Lancaster on 4/13. Our website is currently being reconstructed so PM me for details if interested.
    The Mid Atlantic Riders sounds interesting to me. 4/13 should find us down in Smyrna. We've got some high school reunion planning to do. I'd be interested in more MAR details.

  8. #8
    Loading the Bike
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbia, PA
    Posts
    3

    GS pic

    Quote Originally Posted by Liv2Ride View Post
    And Congratulations on the new bike!

    Have any pics?

    Scot
    Hey Scot,

    Here's a picture my wife took of me and the GS recently: Tom & GS 1.jpg Love the new ride!

  9. #9
    Registered User liv2ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by TomR View Post
    Hey Scot,

    Here's a picture my wife took of me and the GS recently: Tom & GS 1.jpg Love the new ride!
    That's a nice color for the GS.

  10. #10
    Novice Adventurer Newstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Landenberg, PA
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by TomR View Post
    The Mid Atlantic Riders sounds interesting to me. 4/13 should find us down in Smyrna. We've got some high school reunion planning to do. I'd be interested in more MAR details.

    Check your PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •