Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Third Recall for New Motor GS

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by ponch1 View Post
    And someday humans will be able to jump off cliffs naked and fly by flapping their arms.
    Wow, very cool!! Would you please let me know when Salma Hayek is getting ready to take her turn .

Green Bay, WI, west side about 1.5 miles from Lambeau.
    Quite often all the development testing is great, and the the vehicle goes into production, maybe alternate suppliers are used for some component, purchasing decides on a lower cost part, the production personnel actually start building it at manufacturing rates, and a lot can change.

I agree with pffog. And the more complex the product, the more opportunity for issues. Producing any vehicle from concept to production is quite a task in itself. Unless you've been in engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, test/development, production, etc; for something as complex as a self powered vehicle you really don't fully understand the multitude of possible issues. Yes we expect a lot from our highly capable bikes right out of the crate, but humans are involved too.
    Woodenshoe to Cheesehead

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDYVH View Post
    Quite often all the development testing is great, and the the vehicle goes into production, maybe alternate suppliers are used for some component, purchasing decides on a lower cost part, the production personnel actually start building it at manufacturing rates, and a lot can change.

I agree with pffog. And the more complex the product, the more opportunity for issues. Producing any vehicle from concept to production is quite a task in itself. Unless you've been in engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, test/development, production, etc; for something as complex as a self powered vehicle you really don't fully understand the multitude of possible issues. Yes we expect a lot from our highly capable bikes right out of the crate, but humans are involved too.
    Never been involved with manufacturing but I imagine it presents its share of challenges. What kind of humans ignore federal recall procedures I wonder...