Thread: Oxygen Sensor

Oxygen Sensor

I'm replacing a stock 1998 R1100RT muffler with another stock R1100RT muffler. Mine has corrosion on the output end, the replacement does not. It also does not have a oxygen sensor installed. Can I take the sensor off my old muffler and put it on the replacement? Bike runs great so I assume it's working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by utopian99 View Post
    I'm replacing a stock 1998 R1100RT muffler with another stock R1100RT muffler. Mine has corrosion on the output end, the replacement does not. It also does not have a oxygen sensor installed. Can I take the sensor off my old muffler and put it on the replacement? Bike runs great so I assume it's working correctly.
    Yes, you can use the old sensor. Find the correct anti-seize for O2 sensors and use it sparingly. Torque to spec. I found it helpful to have a special O2 sensor socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger 04 RT View Post
    Yes, you can use the old sensor. Find the correct anti-seize for O2 sensors and use it sparingly. Torque to spec. I found it helpful to have a special O2 sensor socket.
    Would that be any automotive sensor socket or something special

There are a few styles. I got mine at an auto parts store. It looks like this.