Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who makes tall, large, xl hi-viz riding jackets?

Who makes tall, large, xl hi-viz riding jackets?

I want to get a hi-vis jacket next purchase, but not too many companies make tall. I'm one of those six feet plus and lean guys. I have a tall Joe Rocket XL in black but they don't make a hi-vis in tall. I know I can always get Aerostich to make a custom jacket, which may be the best solution. Who else makes tall hi-vis at a reasonable price?
    Walter

All government, of course, is against liberty.
    H. L. Mencken

Firstgear makes jackets in tall. Can't remember if they have Hi-Vis.

Found this one.
    http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...cket_2013.html

Also found this.
    http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...cket_2012.html

Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

HiViz Low Price

Try Speedtec/6th gear motorcycle equipment.Bought a Hi Viz jacket at the Daytona Bike Week show.Great jacket with full CE protection.Waterproof liner, very comfortable.They were also at the NY motorcycle show.A great buy at $75.00 I should have bought two!

I have the Firstgear summer hi viz in tall and it was the only one I could find at that time (3 years ago) that came in a tall.
    It fits my long arms great. it has a liner you can zip in.
    In cooler weather, the Aerostitch custom fit one works really well.
    Nardowell
    Hoa Binh (Peace)
    Vietnam '69 and '70
    2012 R1200R classic

I have the Olympia Hi Vis it comes it tall and large sizes.....love the fit. I'm 6'3" and slim.
    Jim Dubick
    Boaz, Alabama
    R1200RT,R100/7,KLX250
    BMW MOA, BMW MOALABAMA

Quote Originally Posted by walterK75 View Post
    I want to get a hi-vis jacket next purchase, but not too many companies make tall. I'm one of those six feet plus and lean guys. I have a tall Joe Rocket XL in black but they don't make a hi-vis in tall. I know I can always get Aerostich to make a custom jacket, which may be the best solution. Who else makes tall hi-vis at a reasonable price?
    Motoport (http://www.motoport.com/) makes jackets to your individual measurements. Have them for both myself and wife, we sent in our measurements and they both fit perfect. Made in the USA and have a great warranty.

Lkarl KJ6OCL / 2000, R1200C

Low speed, high drag
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6OCL View Post
    Motoport (http://www.motoport.com/) makes jackets to your individual measurements. Have them for both myself and wife, we sent in our measurements and they both fit perfect. Made in the USA and have a great warranty.
    +1 on Motoport. OK, +2, as I've got two of them! One Kevlar mesh, one stretch Kevlar. Both Hi-Viz.

I'm tall and "not slim." Motoport made both of my jacket/pant combos to my measurements.

Not cheap, but I LOVE the product!

Whatever you buy, consider some "303 Fabric Protectant" to help slow the fading of the Hi-Viz. I got a gallon at my local tent and awning maker at a decent price. Heck, maybe I could have gotten my jackets there!

I'm 6'4" and the BMW Airshell and it's predecessor, the Airflow 2, both fit me well. The Airshell came with the removable wind and rain blocker liner which I can also use in my Airflow 2 jacket. The Airflow 2 is bright yellow (and no longer available) while the Airshell is hi-viz yellow.

Harry
    2003 R1150RT - Silver

Olympia gear does not come in tall sizes, but are cut longer than what might be standard. Their zipper arrangement makes it possible to hem or add material if you need more length. I wear a 36" inseam and the pants do ride up a little in position but not far enough to come off my AllAround boots. No alterations.
    Tom Baker
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    1970 Triumph Bonneville

I'm 6'3" with long torso and the Olympia Jacket in XL is plenty long for me. Much better than the Joe Rocket mesh I was using previously. Try one on first, of course, but I find it to be a good item. Oh, I have their Air Glide 3 jacket in Hi Viz. Happy shopping!
    Carl

'93 K75RT

Why not a mesh high-viz vest & then not limit your search to the jacket being high viz? That was my solution & has another benefit which is it's a cheaper way to maintain high-viz characteristics which can fade.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    Why not a mesh high-viz vest & then not limit your search to the jacket being high viz? That was my solution & has another benefit which is it's a cheaper way to maintain high-viz characteristics which can fade.
    This is a good idea and is what I'm currently doing. However, sometimes the wind loosens the velcro closures on the mesh vest and it starts to flap about. Also, it means two things to wear, which can be irritating at times. Maybe I just need better velcro.
    Walter

All government, of course, is against liberty.
    H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by tkbaker4 View Post
    Olympia gear does not come in tall sizes, but are cut longer than what might be standard. Their zipper arrangement makes it possible to hem or add material if you need more length. I wear a 36" inseam and the pants do ride up a little in position but not far enough to come off my AllAround boots. No alterations.
    Extra long pants have been very hard to find. My tailor usually adds 3 inches for me for $20.
    Jackets in talls seem to be easier to find.
    Nardowell
    Hoa Binh (Peace)
    Vietnam '69 and '70
    2012 R1200R classic

Quote Originally Posted by walterK75 View Post
    This is a good idea and is what I'm currently doing. However, sometimes the wind loosens the velcro closures on the mesh vest and it starts to flap about. Also, it means two things to wear, which can be irritating at times. Maybe I just need better velcro.
    I buy the hi-viz vests with zippers rather than velcro. I use a safety pin to keep the zipper from coming unzipped.

Harry
    2003 R1150RT - Silver

KLIM is now selling the Badlands jacket in Hi-Viz