View Poll Results: Do you have/use an aftermarket seat?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO: I'm using the stock seat

35 25.74%
  • YES: I have an aftermarket seat

101 74.26%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Who has an aftermarket seat? 2013 R1200RT

Seat Poll

I have a Russel Day Long and I had one on my last bike a 1150 GS..Can now drive as long as I want on the new seat.
    Dave Nicholls
    Teulon Manitoba - Canada

2010 1200RT

Corbin

I have a Corbin with a removable backrest for my pillion.

on my 2010 RT I started with a Bill Mayer with a Bak Up backrest, but have settled on a Corbin with backrest. Very satisfied, now.

SW

On the Road
    Being a poor man & running stock seats on both my BMW`s , i have a question to the O P . When you ride , what kind of riding gear do you use ? The reason i ask , is if you ride with jeans with rear pockets, you are going to get butt pain after awhile. I found that using under armer with riding pants , i can ride alot longer that way than with jeans on. During the chilly month`s i wear the under armer with athletic sweats under my over pants & have less pain for a distance.

Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by roadstar View Post
    Being a poor man & running stock seats on both my BMW`s , i have a question to the O P . When you ride , what kind of riding gear do you use ? The reason i ask , is if you ride with jeans with rear pockets, you are going to get butt pain after awhile. I found that using under armer with riding pants , i can ride alot longer that way than with jeans on. During the chilly month`s i wear the under armer with athletic sweats under my over pants & have less pain for a distance.
    I do indeed notice a difference in discomfort with the stock seat when wearing just jeans versus my Aerostitch so that's a good thought. Still, I'd hate to have to always change underwear just to do riding, the stock seat simply shouldn't be that uncomfortable. I'm still waiting for the Sargent I have on order and have my fingers crossed. I've had a Sargent before and remember that I was quite pleased with it.
    Randy
    CURRENT: 2014 R1200GSW
    PAST BMWs: 2013 R1200RT, 2002 R1150RT, 1982 R100RS, 1993 K1100RS, 1993 K1100LT, 1989 R100RT, 1978 R80

good morning, I rode my 2005 R 1200 GS to Rick Mayer's in Nor Cal. my stock seat was unrideable, after Rick worked it over, I have over 81,000 smiling miles. I would highly recommend a visit. however the very best thing I ever put on my bike was a Beadrider seat cover.
    don't know where I'm going, but I'm making good time. 1990 R 100 GSPD, 2005 R 1200 GS

I'm using the factory low comfort seat and very happy with it. Actually I was satisfied with the stock seat but the comfort seat seems more comfortable, especially with two-up. There's good deals on these seats on eBay.

It's amazing how many different opinions there are on things like seats, oil and tires, to name a few.
    Dover, NH

2014 BMW R1200GS Racing Red

Sargent Low seat

A seat thread is like an oil thread. Everyone has there opinions. I being a vertical challenge, or inseam intolerant rider I decided to go with a Sargent low seat since I had great results on my G650GS, Boy, two different animals. The Sargent seat being wider in the seat and the sharp piping edges caused so much discomfort on the inside of my thighs while sitting in stop and go traffic my legs actually went to sleep.I actually felt that I had less leg reach then I had with the stock seat.I returned my seat and am waiting on my partial refund less return shipping !!!

BruceRT
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmon70 View Post
    +1 great product!
    +2 on the Beadrider. I was comfortable enough on last summer's ride from DC to Seattle and back. Without the Beadrider, I would not have made it.
    http://www.beadrider.com/ No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.
    Bruce
    2005 R1200RT (It's new to me!)
    Northern Virginia, USA
    If you are not continuously learning, you are slowly getting bored.

russell day long, leather seating surface. personally i found a used corbin to get me by til i could get the russell made since it requires the stock seat. the corbin was an improvement but.....well.....
    RideTN
    W Tenn
    2012 r1200rt

after market seats 2012 R1200RT

I was going to get a after market seat. The dealer told me to put some miles on the bike before I make that decision. I have over 8000 on it now. I have had no problems with it.