Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: F800 GT Footpeg lowering kit

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21

    F800 GT Footpeg lowering kit

    Installed the rider footpeg lowering kit from Suburban Machinery today on the new F800 GT. It is the DL-8X kit listed for the ST model and fits fine on the GT. Straight forward operation...well designed and easy to install.

    I have no affiliation with Suburban Machinery other than being a satisfied customer....

    Buck Lemme
    Vienna, Illinois

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucklemme View Post
    Installed the rider footpeg lowering kit from Suburban Machinery today on the new F800 GT. It is the DL-8X kit listed for the ST model and fits fine on the GT. Straight forward operation...well designed and easy to install.

    I have no affiliation with Suburban Machinery other than being a satisfied customer....

    Buck Lemme
    Vienna, Illinois
    I just committed to buying a GT yesterday, dark graphite color. What color did you get? I got the comfort seat and hopefully can avoid the lowering kit.
    I hope you enjoy your new bike.

  3. #3
    Just me rad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucklemme View Post
    I have no affiliation with Suburban Machinery other than being a satisfied customer....
    Buck Lemme
    Vienna, Illinois
    They make great kits and are a class company. I remember a number of years ago I broke a mounting bolt on my R1100S peg lowering kit (completly my fault) doing some work on my bike a few years after I had installed them. I called the company and asked how much for a replacement bolt. Their answer, no charge, not even shipping was charged...Wow!

    The 800GT is on my short list; glad to hear about the peg lowering kit.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    They make great kits and are a class company. I remember a number of years ago I broke a mounting bolt on my R1100S peg lowering kit (completly my fault) doing some work on my bike a few years after I had installed them. I called the company and asked how much for a replacement bolt. Their answer, no charge, not even shipping was charged...Wow!

    The 800GT is on my short list; glad to hear about the peg lowering kit.
    I'll have mine in about 10 days. I can't wait. I rode one yesterday and obviously liked it..

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by mlucas2 View Post
    I just committed to buying a GT yesterday, dark graphite color. What color did you get? I got the comfort seat and hopefully can avoid the lowering kit.
    I hope you enjoy your new bike.
    Btw Buck how tall are you?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucklemme View Post
    Installed the rider footpeg lowering kit from Suburban Machinery today on the new F800 GT. It is the DL-8X kit listed for the ST model and fits fine on the GT. Straight forward operation...well designed and easy to install.

    I have no affiliation with Suburban Machinery other than being a satisfied customer....

    Buck Lemme
    Vienna, Illinois
    Btw Buck how tall are you?

  7. #7
    Registered User AKsuited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York State
    Posts
    623
    I'll be test-riding an F800GT when the weather cooperates.

    By the way, the GT has a high comfort seat available, something the salesman was unaware of, besides the comfort seat option. The parts guy had a hand out with the part numbers for the various seat options.

    Harry
    2003 R1150RT - Silver

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21

    F800 GT Peg Lowering Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by mlucas2 View Post
    Btw Buck how tall are you?
    I'm 5'10"....30 inch inseam. Old knees do not like to be bent too much!

    Update on the DL-8X kit. Appears some bike are having trouble with the sidestand hitting the footpeg extension. Also, the threaded rod on the linkage extender is probably too short for a proper shift lever adjustment. Taking with Suburban today and they are sending me a longer threaded rod. They are also redesigning the kit to correct any problems. According to the site, the forthcoming kit will be the DL9.

    Buck Lemme
    Vienna, Illinois

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21

    F800 GT Peg Lowering Kit

    Quote Originally Posted by mlucas2 View Post
    I just committed to buying a GT yesterday, dark graphite color. What color did you get? I got the comfort seat and hopefully can avoid the lowering kit.
    I hope you enjoy your new bike.
    I got the Valencia orange. Have also been considering the comfort seat. The next pressing issue is the windshield. Slip stream hits me in the chin/neck area......not very good for rain at all! Madstad and others are working on a solution with aftermarket products.

    Buck Lemme
    Vienna,. Illinois

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •