Thread: 2013 bmw f800gt

Cool 2013 bmw f800gt

Hi Everyone,

Newly renewed old member. Selling K1200GT and buying an F800GT.

The new F800GT has a poor windshield with no adjustment.
    Cee Bailey has not developed an after market WS.

Any one have any ideas? 70 mph quite windy.

I suppose BMW will, in future iterations, offer an adjustable windscreen, cruise control and a more ergonomic shift lever.

The 800 certainly shifts more smoothly then the 1200GT and has remarkable power.

He who fears he shall suffer, already suffers what he fears!

jeepinbanditrider
    Quote Originally Posted by offline View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Newly renewed old member. Selling K1200GT and buying an F800GT.

The new F800GT has a poor windshield with no adjustment.
    Cee Bailey has not developed an after market WS.

Any one have any ideas? 70 mph quite windy.

I suppose BMW will, in future iterations, offer an adjustable windscreen, cruise control and a more ergonomic shift lever.

The 800 certainly shifts more smoothly then the 1200GT and has remarkable power.

He who fears he shall suffer, already suffers what he fears!
    Madstad will probably have a new shield before long. I run one on my ST and it offers pretty much infinate adjustment. A bit pricey but worth every penny. I don't seem the offering an adjustable (electronic or otherwise) in the future for the GT from the factory as it would require to them redesign that part of the bike.

Cruise control is something that should have came on the ST in the first place and especially on the GT. They should have basically made a minaturized RT with adjustable windscreen (manual or electric) cruise, ect as standard features.

Cruise especially, I'm about to get a Rostra Cruise control unit to install on my ST.

The GT will probalby run in it's current configuration for the rest of it's model life with none of the extra nice bits.

offline -

Welcome to the forum...hope you enjoy the new bike. You might want to post some questions in the F-Twins forum elsewhere on the forum and get some answers from people who have owned their bikes for a while...might be some answers there! Good luck!!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

jeepinbanditrider
    f800riders.org is also a great forum specifically for the F series bikes.