Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Home Page Hijacked

Bud -

What is your definition of recently? Since we switched to the newer version of vBulletin, things have been pretty quiet, certainly far different than November and December last year. The MOA office has a third party constantly sweeping the website for viruses. This is in advance of switching to the new website (not the forum)...they want the transfer of data to be clean.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Bud -

What is your definition of recently? Since we switched to the newer version of vBulletin, things have been pretty quiet, certainly far different than November and December last year. The MOA office has a third party constantly sweeping the website for viruses. This is in advance of switching to the new website (not the forum)...they want the transfer of data to be clean.

Last 6 months.

Where was the third party when the home page got hijacked? Just sayn.....

I'm please that there is a concentrated effort to get clean data into the new website. And I'm aware of the difference between the forum and the website.

You guys have worked diligently in getting the forum running well and your efforts have paid off as McAfffee has been spitting up less lately when I log on.

I'm not privy to the current support you get from MOA. I was told that Scott was no longer a resource for us as he decided to do other things. I hope that someone else was appointed to provide you guys the support you deserve.

This forum is a very large member benefit, and as such, should receive the same technical support as the web site. IMO.

I hope that has been happening. Since all the mods work for free, and spend a lot of time doing it, professional tech support is the least that MOA could provide to help you do your job (which is moderation, not technical support).

Thanks for all you do.

None of my comments were meant to be a criticism of any of the mods here.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Bud -

You're correct in your description of things. Yes, Scott had stepped away...he was the only guy who knew PHP programming, which is what the vBulletin software is all about. But since then, the office has on retainer an organization who routinely programs in this language and will be supporting our transition to the new-style forum when it happens down the road. Once the new website is up and running (should be a matter of days), these guys will create a bridge between the new website and the current vBulletin forum. And hopefully, they can help with updating some of the skins and a few other basic features that we seem to have lost.

Hopefully the up-down nature of the forum is behind us.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Kurt,

That is very good news indeed!

Thanks for the update.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.