Thread: List of R75/5 threaded hardware?

Hybrid View

Maniacal Engineer

List of R75/5 threaded hardware?

I'm freshening up a '72 SWB R75/5 and looking for new hardware. I've found several sources of stainless hardware kits, but nothing that's zinc plated, which is what I want. So..... 2 questions: Does anyone have a complete list of external hardware for this bike (that I can use as a shopping list)? Or, does anyone know of zinc plated hardware kits for sale?

Thanks for any help!

Art W.

I can tell you where to send it to get it cadmium replated & looking nice. A guy that sells on ebay, I think he's "StainlessCycle" or similar there sells SS kits and may have a list for his use . He's in WV.
    Last edited by kantuckid; 03-03-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Hi Art. You shouldn't have too much trouble find zinc plated metric fasteners. But the OEM fasteners on the /5 were actually cadmium plated.

Our local Ace Hardware even stock stainless metric stuff which made my "spruce up project" fairly easy. One caution with stainless-on-stainless fasteners... then tend to gall easily, make sure you use an anti-seize lubricant when you assemble them.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    make sure you use an anti-seize lubricant when you assemble them.
    And reduce the torque settings where necessary. The anti-seize tends to allow the parts to slide easier, resulting in on the order of 25-30% higher ending torque.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

check Hucky's site, I think he offers whole fastener kits very affordable for exact series types.

check Hucky's site, I think he offers whole fastener kits very affordable for exact series types.
    +1 on that count. > http://bmwhucky.com/0075kits.html

Does anyone have a complete list of external hardware for this bike (that I can use as a shopping list)? Or, does anyone know of zinc plated hardware kits for sale?
    And he was even kind enough to break his kits down with a published BOM ...
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Quote Originally Posted by 8ninety8 View Post
    Still stainless...not what the OP was looking for.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!