Thread: torque sequence oil sump 1978 R100/7

torque sequence oil sump 1978 R100/7

Hi, can anyone tell me the torque sequence for the oil sump ? R100/7 Thanks Doug 14 bolts (oil pan)

I just put mine on...and took it off. . I put all the bolts up finger tight. Then with my nut driver screwdriver, I started at one bolt and snugged it a bit...not all the way tight. Then I went to every other bolt in sequence and did the same thing. I switched to the other 7 that I skipped. Got back to the first one I started with and resnugged it some more...I repeated the pass on all bolts. I probably did this another pass. I'm sure I'll need to recheck after the first heat cycle. Some suggest starting at the two bolts on either side in the center and snug them up in an outward circular pattern.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Thanks. Doug

Aok
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    i just put mine on...and took it off. . I put all the bolts up finger tight. Then with my nut driver screwdriver, i started at one bolt and snugged it a bit...not all the way tight. Then i went to every other bolt in sequence and did the same thing. I switched to the other 7 that i skipped. Got back to the first one i started with and resnugged it some more...i repeated the pass on all bolts. I probably did this another pass. I'm sure i'll need to recheck after the first heat cycle. Some suggest starting at the two bolts on either side in the center and snug them up in an outward circular pattern.