Thread: Any Takers?

Hybrid View

Gas up, Ride, Repeat HadABabyItsABeemer's Avatar

Any Takers?

Hello Everyone,
    My wife and I live in Baltimore, MD.

I would like to know if anyone that is going to the Lima Rally would want to ride with us on our trip. We are heading out July 18th to Wellsboro, Pa and staying 2 days. Our ride will start out on I-83 north to York/Harrisburg and then ride Route 15 into Wellsboro.
    While we are in Wellsboro we will be touring the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon by covered wagon on an old mine road Tuesday afternoon.
    We will leave Wednesday morning on Scenic Route 6 and head to Lima, with stops to check out the scenery.

I will have more details on the route soon if interested.

It should be a great trip!

The latitude of Wellsboro is 41.748N. The longitude is -77.3W

http://www.wellsboropa.com/history.html

http://www.wellsborodiner.com/history.htm

http://www.visittiogapa.com/grandcanyon.html

Have a great day, God Bless

Talking

Make sure to have a meal at the Wellsboro Diner! . About 2 hrs West, The road to the Kinzua Railroad Bridge is just before Mt Jewett ,Pa on the right! Look for the dinosaurs & go a few miles to the Park on the left! A tornado took the bridge down 2 years ago! It's worth the time to take a look if you have never seen it!
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker
    05-GS Rock Red 86k miles
    2013 TW200

rally ride

I'm riding out to Lima from Rural Valley Pa. leaving on the 21st. It is near Pittsburgh, no idea of the latitude and longitude but i'll get it. You going to be near this area on that date?

Shag,
    I do have plans to visit the Diner since it is a historic landmark. I will check out the roads you were talking about, sounds like a nice ride.

Thanks,
    Dave

Pancho157,

We are heading out on Wednesday the 20th to head to Lima, we have reservations at the Wingate Inn on that day.

With not knowing what your Vacation time is, we might be able to hookup on the 20th if you could leave a day early. We could ride back down I think PA-287 and head towards 220/80 and maybe meet somewhere around Du Bois or Falls Creek.

I would have to run that by the wife about coming back down rather than riding scenic route 6.

Ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave

Dave, I can ride up and meet you on route 6 on the 20th. I'd hate for you to miss that ride. Can you give me an idea of where you'll be say around noon of that day.

Pancho157,
    That sounds great, I will check to see where we will be around noon on Wednesday and get back to you. when it gets closer maybe we can exchange cell #'s so we can make contact when in route.

Dave