Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CA Fast-Trak Lanes Rules Change

There are a number of different toll lane systems.
    The article is talking ONLY about one of them which is the L A Metro Express Lanes. One system, in one location, which is the Metro Express lanes on the 110 and now just this week, the 10.
    I do not believe that applies to ANY OTHER SYSTEM.
    Thus, if you are on the Toll Roads in O C or any of the Bay Area systems, you still need the transponder. And for bridges, you must pay the toll.
    In any case I still need the transponder for my car.
    dc

83F in Dana Point today, but cooling off to the 60's next week. Unpacking arctic gear again . . . will it never end?

John
    Toll bridges are all about making money for maintenance or profit or both. Wear and tear do not appear to be the issue. I have a pickup camper and I tow a Jeep. Pickup or the Jeep across the bridge on 680 would be $5.00 each. Easy math says that would cost $10.00 for both. But no, because they are connected, 4 axles=$20.00. Yep, this is a gripe. The price we pay to live here. I feel better!!!! 65 degrees out right now in Santa Cruz. I'm going for a short ride. All have a great day!

drgnhtr
    My wife took the horse up to Davis and with the trailer it's $20.00. Same as a real truck. Annoying isn't it.

65 in Santa Cruz. Is the fog in it's 71 at my house in the east bay.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by drgnhtr View Post
    My wife took the horse up to Davis and with the trailer it's $20.00. Same as a real truck. Annoying isn't it.

65 in Santa Cruz. Is the fog in it's 71 at my house in the east bay.
    It is annouing!!!
    We topped out around 71 and then the clouds came in. No fog. My son wnet to San Mateo yesterday and he said it was much warmer. I like the warm weather but some rain would be good. Keep those inland mountains green for a while longer. Makes for a pretty ride.

AZrider

toll paying

Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    Randy,

(yeah, I know, I preplan my toll crossings and have the correct amount clipped to the tankbag so I don't go through all that, but not all riders do or should have to.)

I've been there and I say stop at booth turn engine off remove nessary equiptment fish out bills get change put away change get dressed drive on (with bullet holes in bike)
    R1200WGS 2013

With all that nonsense why would you ever want to live in CA ?
    Personally?? It's the earthquakes. We never had enough tornadoes, growing up in Indiana.

What is this "toll bridge" you speak of. .. . .. ?
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

John
    Quote Originally Posted by lmo1131 View Post
    Personally?? It's the earthquakes. We never had enough tornadoes, growing up in Indiana.

What is this "toll bridge" you speak of. .. . .. ?
    The way the last couple of days have gone, the tornadoes in the middle of this country have been plentiful. At least when an earthquake comes around, you can find all of your stuff in a big pile. lol

All of the bridges going across the San Francisco Bay area have a required toll in one direction. Sounds like the free ride for motorcycles ended a few years back....
    John

Personally, I'm rather disappointed that the USGS took down its earthquake map page (used to be at http://earthquakes.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/ and showed where & how big); hope they put up a new one...