Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need recommendation on computer router.

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    On a serious, but potentially misinformed, note I have heard that a Wireless-n router will offer greater range and speed than a Wireless-g unit. Of course, your computer wireless adapters have to be Wireless-n to take advantage of that benefit.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Yeah, I know you should be able to make it work, but if its somebody else's hotspot, good luck with that.

Don't take my word for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=link...&client=safari (3,350,000 results)

Quote Originally Posted by MARKAZ View Post
    I never had any problem with my WRT54G connecting to my Macs/iPads/iPhones/Android/Nook/Kindle/Windows/Linux boxes. If you do, one or the other or both are mis-configured. Except for that (e.g. setting the Mac to connect only to N networks, which the 54G can't do), there's no technical reason why the Apple or Windows or whatever won't work with a Linksys. For the most part, networking is networking.

OTOH, the Apple routers do work well, altho using the Time Machine feature with non-Apple computers can be challenging. The thing I don't like about them is that the configuration you can do is pretty limited, nothing like the other routers. And the price...
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Quote Originally Posted by rkoreis View Post
    Next thing we know, Bud is going to start an oil thread.

I like my Airport Extreme. Ours has handled three computers, Netflix and a couple of phones/iPods simultaneously without complaining. If I have my iPod with me when walking home, it picks up the router over a block away.

YMMV

Bob Koreis
    Orting WA
    Bob,

I was thinking about it till the March ON came today with the largest oil thread in ON history.

Next thing you know it will be ATGATT or ??????

I sure like the specs on the Airport Extreme. Not the price so much.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.