Thread: Picture needed

No longer a member here

Picture needed

Anybody willing and able to post or e-mail a high(er) resolution picture of someone RIDING a R90S or R100S (with fairing - not RS, please) in a side or 3/4 view, which is not copyrighted????

Mike, use your search feature, Google or yahoo. Type in R90S then search. At the top you will see a tab IMAGES select it and you will get pages of pictures to choose from. Click on one and it should enlarge.
    http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...35&fr2=piv-web

... which is not copyrighted????
    PAS, since 1989, copy-write protection is automatic, regardless of whether or not a piece is labeled "Copywrite". See > 10 Public Domain Misconceptions

That said, there are a number of "non-copywriter" photo websites. Another option of course, is to contact the owner of a photo that you do like and ask permission to use it.

And yes, "hot linking" is a form of infringement too.

This one would have been perfect, huh? ... sue me.

"It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

No longer a member here
    Quote Originally Posted by PAS View Post
    Mike, use your search feature, Google or yahoo. Type in R90S then search. At the top you will see a tab IMAGES select it and you will get pages of pictures to choose from. Click on one and it should enlarge.
    http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...35&fr2=piv-web
    Thanks, PAS, I did this already, could not find one.

No longer a member here
    [QUOTE=Lmo1131;860790]PAS, since 1989, copy-write protection is automatic, regardless of whether or not a piece is labeled "Copywrite". See > 10 Public Domain Misconceptions

That said, there are a number of "non-copywriter" photo websites. Another option of course, is to contact the owner of a photo that you do like and ask permission to use it.

Yes, that's why I asked for a non-copyrighted picture. Had hoped (still do) the submitter had one that he/she owns.

This is almost perfect. A tad more side-view is needed. This is for a club logo. We will probably modify the picture, so you don't recognize much of the original

This is for a club logo. We will probably modify the picture, so you don't recognize much of the original
    If that is the case use anything you can find. Just manipulate the art in such a manner that ensures it does not resemble the original; high-contrast, reverse the image, crop the image, etc. Now YOU have original art.

Lew Morris

No longer a member here
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    If that is the case use anything you can find. Just manipulate the art in such a manner that ensures it does not resemble the original; high-contrast, reverse the image, crop the image, etc. Now YOU have original art.
    Thanks!! I will do that. Only thing I need is to find one.

Push it around with some Photoshop filters for awhile, lay on some color, etc.
    Take out a few obvious details (like the mirror obstructing the rider's face)...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lmo1131; 02-26-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Lew Morris

Or ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lew Morris

No longer a member here
    These are cool....thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    PAS, since 1989, copy-write protection is automatic, regardless of whether or not a piece is labeled "Copywrite". See > 10 Public Domain Misconceptions

Nice picture! I always liked the smoked orange. Does that mean all the pictures Google posts are illegal? ........................... I'm just an Airhead.

Thumbs up

http://www.omnilex.com/public/bmw78/
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Does that mean all the pictures Google posts are illegal?
    Not at all. Using them without the owner's permission, especially for commercial purposes, may be.

The origin of an image used as an underlay to trace new art (for example) would be difficult, if not impossible, to prove. The resulting art would be the property of the artist, not the photographer.

Lew Morris