Thread: Old Time Radio

Old Time Radio

For those who remember life BTV (before TV): http://www.dumb.com/oldtimeradio/

Thanks for posting! There are thousands of selections to choose from!

Ken
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

Quote Originally Posted by squeaky View Post
    BTV predated me. but I did listen to re-broadcasts of old radio shows on Upstate NY public radio stations when traveling thru that area. The idea of broadcasting entertainment instead of news and opinion, seems so alien to us these days.......sadly.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Old Time Radio

I am looking forward to hearing the original "War Of the Worlds" that scared everybody when Orson Wells produced it on the Mercury Theater.

Bob

drgnhtr

Smile If you like that

Lots of folks are into nostalgia for the good old days ... that's why they were the good old days.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Rally Rat
    Nice archive of radio shows!
    I remember listening to CKWG "Stereo 103" (Winnipeg) in the early 80's.
    They would have a Comedy Bowl (comedy album tracks) followed by The Shadow
    on Sunday nights after 10. I would get into trouble because I was supposed to
    be going to sleep and not listening to the radio. (was wearing headphones, but the
    Monty Python and Robin Williams records would make me laugh out loud) 35 years
    later I'm still listening (no longer CKWG) and am working in radio... an argument
    for childhood influences - you decide whether or not they should be followed. :-P

But keep this in mind. -- Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

2 Ugly 4 LA, 2 Dumb 4 NY gussie54's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squeaky View Post
    Hoppy Cassidy! Thanks mucho!
    Be brave, right through, and leave for the unknown.
    Rabindranath Tagore

Hop A Long I listened to on radio then saw him ride by the same rocks and trees every week on TV and maybe liked the radio version better. When one of my uncles came to the house with his"go west on vacation pics" he had a pic of him & my aunt standing with Hop A Long at the studio-I was impressed! My radio aves were: The Phantom-remember-"who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?, The Shadow Knows! Ha HA HA,etc"... and The Lone Ranger-also later on TV(I still think back to that radio show and my anticipation when I hear the William Tell Overture!) and Amos & Andy(I know what people say...) George Burns & Gracie Allen , Jack Benny, and my favorite of all -listening to KU basketball(except for OSU slowdown games-what a drag on the ears) with Clyde Lovellet & later Wilt the Stilt Chamberlain. Now I have this mega screen HD TV and hard to find something worth watching cause only we have a gazillion channels
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    I grew up in the mountains in the 50s. We had one weak AM radio station and one very snowy TV station when the wire to the top of the mountain wasn't broken or crossed up. The highlight of my day was when Uncle Remus was broadcast at 5:15 PM on the radio. I loved listening to the gentle old man with his tales of Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox and Brer Bear. My imagination painted a far better picture of the stories than were later depicted on TV and movies (Song of the South).

Unfortunately, our PC society has apparently deprived us of the original recordings of the shows.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Yes, I remember thee Uncle Remus stories with fondness too.

Arent you glad that his descendants have branched out into telling wonderful BMW stories with their exaust note?

Ken
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein