Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rally Logo

My T shirt collection is out of control. And I only wear about 10% of them. Some major winnowing to take place in the near future.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

If you really want to attract a Bigfoot, just walk around through the woods with a slab of fresh ham tied to your belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Going twice makes little sense, but its a real nice spot. I just don't get going back to the same spot in recent years. Keep em apart a decade or more, if so. Who said BMWs had to be classy? We're more real folk, imo... Camping at the Biltmore must be cool though! The RA logo, nice but not exceptional, neither is the MOA one but at least the MOA one tells a tale of the NW. Randy
    Really going twice makes no sense. Seems I was at a MOA rally in Oregon not to long ago. They could not find another state out west?? My BMW is very classy, maybe not the rider so much. See ya in Asheville.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

I'll see y'all in Ashville too. By the way MOA will've had four rallies in Oregon,after this one. I still plan on going,and who does'nt like monkeys on motorcycles.

tee shirt :)

Quote Originally Posted by Texpaul View Post
    Couldn't agree more
    +1

I like monkeys on a bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

States:)

Oregon repeat is nice enough, three years absent for us. Washington is less than an hour away and California, a half days ride! We camp in Oregon again, but ride far. I know time is a factor for tons of riders, so this is a yearly topic. Others find the crossing of the continent so often an issue too. Its FAR and almost all have brought up the "plains" riding thing every year. Yall enjoy the Smokies(RA) this year, we'll miss you in Oregon. Its my home back there, just North in VA., so I too miss things. One year, I keep saying, I want to dedicate ALL my time to riding and nothing else. Seeing all the stuff and rallies I have missed the past decades. It will be a happy year. Randy

Now back to RALLY LOGO's....

....OH, and another thing on logo's; and the patches, t-shirts & stickers that follow the chosen design...
    why are the month and day's (date) on so many of them? Have a look above at how nice Redmond looks
    with JUST the year! IMO that "year only" format is favorable to layout/design & more attractive; especially
    when you whip out a 10 to 15 yr old hat or t-shirt & wear it.... just to see the year! I gotta take up logo design work...
    or better yet keep my thoughts to myself, my trap shut & enjoy whats provided; being thankful someone accomplished the
    task so that I can ride out & enjoy the rally with the "bigfoot under blue skies on a beemer"!!! Without wondering what date in 2013....
    The grandkids do love the logo... just sayin. .

Crappiest logo for grown-ups I've seen. Are we trying to entertain infants and toddlers? I would not be buying any item with this logo, instead I'll buy Disneyland T-Shirt, hey it will look better on me than big foot.

One of my favorites were the Wisconsin rally logo. Unfortunately when the silkscreen the T's it got overlapped a tad bit. I still have it.

Who is that, really?

Not that anyone asked me nor do I really need another t-shirt but there are a couple of things conceptually wrong here. First, Bigfoot lives in Northern California in the Klamath National Forest though, he might travel up into southern Oregon now and again. The most frequent sightings and the infamous black and white footage of a "real" bigfoot was taken along the Klamath River just up stream from Happy Camp. Thus, Salem is not reeeaaaally Bigfoot Country. Perhaps they are referring to his cousin Sasquatch or his Uncle Yeti up in BC? Second, and possibly of greater import is the fact that a good many of us over the age of 45 recognize the bigfoot image on the logo as none other than Magilla Gorilla who apparently has learned to ride a GS in the ensuing years since our Saturday cartooned youth.

http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon_video/98...e_Magilla.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tallyho; 03-10-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    Bob Morrow
    Purveyor of Fine Tarmac
    Expresso Riders MOA#340

Unfortunately, I must agree. But, then again...

When I first saw this years rally logo, I had the same negative thought as this threads original post. Cartoonish and not really appealing.
    Then a positive thought, is the logo really what the BMW MOA rally is all about? I don't think so. The logo is what it is and I am going to enjoy myself in spite of it.
    And, most likely save a few dollars by not purchasing a T shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by bobmetzger51 View Post
    Then a positive thought, is the logo really what the BMW MOA rally is all about? I don't think so.
    A logo is a representation of an experience that's inherent to a brand.

Many people think a logo is a brand, but in reality, the logo is just one aspect of the brand. Some may see the difference as inconsequential, but marketers spend billions of dollars each year to build brands that already have a logo.

You're right to have your positive thought, but from a marketing perspective, it's also important to consider what the logo says to people who don't know the MOA brand, who aren't familiar with our rally, and who might possibly be persuaded to come, depending on what they think their experience at the rally might be.

Ian