Thread: Rally Logo

Hybrid View

2 Ugly 4 LA, 2 Dumb 4 NY gussie54's Avatar

Rally Logo

I'm really looking forward to this rally, and I hesitate to sound negative, but...

What's with this year's logo? I always look forward to the Rally logos, because they are always so well done (Spokane w/Lewis & Clark remains my fave). I like the idea of a humorous Bigfoot, but, honestly, this looks SO amateur. Maybe it's just me? Looks like the work of a fifth grader!
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Be brave, right through, and leave for the unknown.
    Rabindranath Tagore

In agreement...

IMO... it does look like a "kids club" cereal box promo; not something I want on my t-shirt or anything else.

We have a few logo's to be proud of and admire later in life with fondness.... this probably wont be one of them!

But it wont change my excitement for the general location. Enough said on my part.

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Every region has a flavor of its own. This logo speaks of "fun" to me. I'm looking forward to adding this patch to Barley's vest.

Although I have to admit when I first saw it, I thought Bigfoot needed more protective gear!
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Jack Herbst
    The rally patch is somewhat misleading. There are no mountains in Salem Ore. There are mountains within thirty minutes. I like the patch but do not want people to be mislead. Great venue. I used to show and sell Llamas at the rally site every Fourth of July at the "Firecracker Llama Show and Sale".

One hour west is the most beautiful coast ride in the US. Bar non. Cannon Beach etc. Your going to love it. I lived in the Pacific NW for thirty five years.

Salem will be somewhat warmer than Redmond in the evening and a bit cooler in the day.

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

RK Ryder
    I buy souvenir rally shirts when they have a logo that make for a good reminder of the rally. I know I'll enjoy Oregon, but I doubt that I'll be buying and wearing a Salem Rally shirt home.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

jeepinbanditrider
    I've got no problem with the logo for a patch or shirt. Looks like someone had fun making it. Some folks get too worked up over nothin.

Quote Originally Posted by Downs View Post
    Some folks get too worked up over nothin.
    Couldn't agree more
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

2 Ugly 4 LA, 2 Dumb 4 NY gussie54's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Downs View Post
    I've got no problem with the logo for a patch or shirt. Looks like someone had fun making it. Some folks get too worked up over nothin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texpaul View Post
    Couldn't agree more
    Looks like Rocky and Bullwinkle like it!
    Be brave, right through, and leave for the unknown.
    Rabindranath Tagore

jeepinbanditrider
    I dunno I've just seen A LOT of griping about nothing since I've registered on the MOA forums. The patch is ugly, the rally is on the wrong side of the states, the forum is messed up(I've seen this one a lot).

Good lord if ya don't like something change it. If the patch is ugly to you hire someone to make a new one or do one up yourself. If ya don't like the way the forum is being ran volunteer to be part of the site admin team and make it better.

tee shirt :)

Quote Originally Posted by Texpaul View Post
    Couldn't agree more
    +1

I like monkeys on a bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com