Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anybody with Redverz Tent?

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBEEMER View Post
    Annie and I have used one for three years. Overall we are satisfied. They do pack large, but are fairly easy to erect. We always have two sets of hands to put up and take down the tent. That could be an issue. The space is great to have. Storage, sitting and dressing are all a breeze.
    When you say they pack "large" are they larger then the size indicated in the literature?

No problem;

I forgot what literature says, but mine goes back in bag it came it, minus poles in a separate bag. I like to carry my poles separate anyhow. The tent bag is probably 20"X 9 or 10", guessing. Not hard to carry on my GSA1200 backseat, solo. 2up, you may consider this a bigger challenge or tow a trailer. I have the green one, LIKE. After a few setups, you get better at it too. My 1st attempt had me slow, maybe 12 minutes. And now much quicker in maybe 7 minutes or less, she is livable. I've never seen a simpler BIG tent setup, therefore I own one now. This has eliminated my parawing sun shade setup and smaller tent, which ALL took forever to get camp set. Randy

BMW Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    I forgot what literature says, but mine goes back in bag it came it, minus poles in a separate bag. I like to carry my poles separate anyhow. The tent bag is probably 20"X 9 or 10", guessing. Not hard to carry on my GSA1200 backseat, solo. 2up, you may consider this a bigger challenge or tow a trailer. I have the green one, LIKE. After a few setups, you get better at it too. My 1st attempt had me slow, maybe 12 minutes. And now much quicker in maybe 7 minutes or less, she is livable. I've never seen a simpler BIG tent setup, therefore I own one now. This has eliminated my parawing sun shade setup and smaller tent, which ALL took forever to get camp set. Randy
    Specs are fine solo. Would probably create a problem when two up.

Agreed;

Wife and I have packed the GSA1200 2up camping and its overloaded by 100+ lbs.. Bike did very well, never knew the weight was that heavy on board, as we crossed the USA. GSA is an exception to the rule, as one of the BMWs that loads really well and easy. Running heavy though is a personal choice and not always safe, so know yours and bike limits really well! A trailer is so much better for two if camping and needing to be comfy. I see two up's all the time at rallies and camping off one bike. USUALLY quite a picture and heavily loaded every time. Not a new phenom either, as decades have passed and I have been to rallies all over and the packing BMWs is always a sight to see and what folks get on board. Somebody could do a picture essay book on this alone, lol. My GSA runs right at 950/1000 lbs. when I travel far, solo and all my camp on board, full of gas. Gross for this bike is 1050 lbs. Add wife and we were over, mentioned above...Randy