Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This new website format is AWFUL!!!!

Yellow "Welcome" header?? I can't seem to find that. I'll take and look and see what can be done about updating it...need to find it first!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Yellow "Welcome" header?? I can't seem to find that.
    That one had me scratching my head also. I don't remember seeing a big yellow welcome.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    What is wrong with the website? V-Bulletin is the Cadillac of forum packages.
    I agree. This forum is similar to other forums I use and I think it's a good format. It could use a couple minor tweaks, but the basic setup is good and easy to use.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878

Retired User
    Yellow "Welcome" header?? I can't seem to find that. I'll take and look and see what can be done about updating it...need to find it first!
    Go directly to the Forum without being signed in.
    Bill Mayer
    MOA #98888
    R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by themayer View Post
    That's why I never noticed it, I always stay logged in.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878

Quote Originally Posted by ghyber View Post
    Omega Man,

From my perspective, the problem with the new website, specifically the FleaMarket, is the lack of ability to sort and filter. The old website allowed filtering of K vs R bikes. It now appears that this feature is non existent. Hence, one has to decorticate through the entire listing to view a search. Another issue is the lack of pictures without the need for clicking.
    Well, I took a peek at the BMW Motorcycles for sale area and things seem to be humming along quite nicely at the moment. As most are getting adjusted to including the model of bike they have for sale in the title, it seems real easy to identify what a seller has for sale by looking at the title. As things progress, the other small snag we have- including the price and location in a post- will probably iron itself out.
    As it seems that this rash of complaining seems to be more aimed at the flea market set-up rather than the forum at large, it makes me feel better.
    We at the Mod Team have been working on overtime to keep the forum and flea market running well with the most disappointed in the flea market being the few that have been using it commercially- which is not allowed. OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by ghyber View Post
    From my perspective, the problem with the new website, specifically the FleaMarket, is the lack of ability to sort and filter. The old website allowed filtering of K vs R bikes. It now appears that this feature is non existent. Hence, one has to decorticate through the entire listing to view a search. Another issue is the lack of pictures without the need for clicking.
    I wasn't around the old Flea Market much, but what I remember is that you could click on a link that would retrieve only say Airheads or K-Bikes...sort of a built in "filter". If it would help, I can add specific categories under "BMW Motorcycle" such as Airheads, K-Bikes, Oilhead/Camhead/Hexhead, etc. From that point on, all posts must be put in their proper category. We can sort the ones there now and get them correctly listed. Would that help??

As for looking at pictures, that is a feature of being inside the forum versus having the Flea Market as a separate entity. Inside the forum means you have to click on a post to see what the post is all about...can't change that. Once we get back to having the Flea Market as a separate feature, I'm sure that capability wil return.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by themayer View Post
    As mentioned, if you're always logged in, you don't see that. That is something that the front office will have to change. Thanks for pointing that out...I'll pass it on.

Update: No, it looks like I can get to that. Let me see what I can do!!

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    put my chalk mark in the "like" format column
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmws View Post
    Ya'll need to bring the cheese & crackers to accompany your w(h)ine.......
    +1 Change happens, get used to it.

RIDE SAFE
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe

2 Ugly 4 LA, 2 Dumb 4 NY gussie54's Avatar

Thumbs up

There's a valid argument for retaining certain features the old website had - namely, separating the classifieds by type (airhead, oil head, hex head, k-Bikes, other). Seems that could be easily remedied?

But, as far as complaining about it "looking different" and whining about the change - that's kinda sad. I find this format MUCH more accessible to different parts of the forum. Like someone said, V-Bulletin is the Cadillac for running forums....

I've been a member since 2001, but I rarely used the forum (only 4 posts since the forum started). I would just cruise the classifieds before - I've already posted in the forum twice today (so far)!

Thanks for your hard work, mods....
    Be brave, right through, and leave for the unknown.
    Rabindranath Tagore

There are now separate categories for each type of bike in the BMW Motorcycles for sale section. Some of the types (K-bikes, F-bikes) are combined to keep things down to a dull roar!!

Thumbs up Well done!

There are now separate categories for each type of bike in the BMW Motorcycles for sale section. Some of the types (K-bikes, F-bikes) are combined to keep things down to a dull roar!!
    Good job Kurt. A bit thankyou to you and the rest of the VOLUNTEER Moderators that are working hard to keep this forum running smoothly.
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

Separate Categories

BRAVO ZULU to those who have effectuated that change. That's exactly what I was referring to in my post. The pictures, well I can live with having them a click away. The categories are going to clean things up and are an improvement. Change is good when it is warranted.

I appreciate you taking the time to listen and act promptly on positive feedback.

ghyber
    1993 K75S Mystic Red Pearl
    2007 K1200GT 997 Blue

I realize this is mostly a boxer site, but could you break down the K bikes into three sections like you did the boxers?
    1 Early Bricks, K75, K100, K1100
    2 K1200 Brick
    3 K1200/1300/1600 Slant Four/ Slant Six

Not a complaint, just making a suggestion.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878