Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which headset is best??

If you're riding a BMW with its Bluetooth radio and you have BMW communicator headsets for both rider and passenger, pushing the Mute button on the radio converts the system to a driver/passenger intercom.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

I've been using the SENA SMH10 for the past 6 months and I'm pretty happy with it. I think it's hard to find everything I want in one headset, but the SENA has good feature in my book (the big jog dial is great). I use mine with headphone and the separate headphone baseplate for commuting 4 days a week (70 miles round trip). This allows me to enjoy my music while taking/making calls (Siri helps with that as well). I still have not quite memorized all the controls for the SENA, but I have the basics down and it works great as a comm system as well. My buddy has one as well and we've had some great rides being able to chat while we ride.

Word of advice, the stock speakers are terrible and very tinny sounding if listening to music and I quickly had to spend another $30 to get the headphone baseplate. SENA unfortunately doesn't make a combo speaker/headphone jack baseplate and has been ignoring a support thread about it for well over a year now. The speakers are great for just comms, but you apparently can't have both. If you know you will use headphones like I do, there are some sites that sell the SENA unit separate from the baseplate, so you can buy the unit with a headphone baseplate and not have to spend the extra $30.

jeepinbanditrider
    Quote Originally Posted by natrab View Post
    I've been using the SENA SMH10 for the past 6 months and I'm pretty happy with it. I think it's hard to find everything I want in one headset, but the SENA has good feature in my book (the big jog dial is great). I use mine with headphone and the separate headphone baseplate for commuting 4 days a week (70 miles round trip). This allows me to enjoy my music while taking/making calls (Siri helps with that as well). I still have not quite memorized all the controls for the SENA, but I have the basics down and it works great as a comm system as well. My buddy has one as well and we've had some great rides being able to chat while we ride.

Word of advice, the stock speakers are terrible and very tinny sounding if listening to music and I quickly had to spend another $30 to get the headphone baseplate. SENA unfortunately doesn't make a combo speaker/headphone jack baseplate and has been ignoring a support thread about it for well over a year now. The speakers are great for just comms, but you apparently can't have both. If you know you will use headphones like I do, there are some sites that sell the SENA unit separate from the baseplate, so you can buy the unit with a headphone baseplate and not have to spend the extra $30.
    Try using your speakers with earplugs in. They cancel out a lot of the higher frequency noises and makes them sound WAY better.