Thread: Transport Canada and BMW recall K1600GT and K1600GTL models

Transport Canada and BMW recall K1600GT and K1600GTL models

Tansport Canada and BMW issued a recall on the K1600GT, and K1600GTL models
    On certain motorcycles, a problem with the engine throttle valve control software could cause engine stalling. Engine stalling would result in a loss of motive power, which, in conjunction with traffic and road...
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune

Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    On certain motorcycles, a problem with the engine throttle valve control software could cause engine stalling. Engine stalling would result in a loss of motive power, which, in conjunction with traffic and road...
    My GTL is in the shop now waiting for the US release of the recall/software update. I'm told it'll be sometime this month. I won't ride it until it's fixed, it died on me 3 times in 20 minutes. Rebooted the bike (key off/key on) and it started right up each time. Good thing it never happened in an intersection.

same problem

Thanks for the heads up on this problem as I've been experiencing the same thing. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong but rebutted the computer. Just got the new bike last Tuesday and finally got it back yesterday. Called the service manager and told him about this and asked him to contact NA and inform me when the software is available to update my bike.
    Jack Watson
    BMWMOA #125089
    2014 K1600GTL
    2013 C650GT

Information

Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    Thanks for your post since I am going to import my 2013 K1600GTL to home in NL. Thankfully, the 2013 is not effected by this. The link was helpful!

up date

My GTL is a 2014 so recall software doesn't apply so I'm told. Put another tank of gas through it this weekend with increasing same results. Back to dealer today and left till positive fix is found. Hope it doesn't take months like some of the horror stories that have been posted.
    Jack Watson
    BMWMOA #125089
    2014 K1600GTL
    2013 C650GT