Thread: Replacing Rusty Exhaust Collector on R100R?

Replacing Rusty Exhaust Collector on R100R?

The biggest eye sore on my R100R is the corroded/rusty exhaust collector so I was thinking of replacing it. It appears the least expensive option is this Keihan arrangement which looks simpler than the stock collector. I'm not really looking for more performance or saving a couple pounds, although that would be ok. But I don't want it to be much louder nor pop and backfire either. Has anyone used one of these? Any other recommendation?

14 R1200GSA, 93 R100R. No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.

2 into 1

Hey Milo,
    I've got this 2 into 1 set up with a D & D slip on muffler on my 93 R100R. The bike came with this setup as I'm the 3rd owner. It is really loud, but that's because the muffler is old and absent of a baffle. I am looking to fit an Akropovic can onto it later this spring. I do ride with Patriot Guards, mostly HD, and my loud Beemer fits right in. But like I've indicated, I am looking to put on a newer slip on muffler before riding season gets here!

Mike
    76 R90/6
    93 R100R Legend

Bumblebug

Keihin Y-pipe

I replaced the collector box on an R100GS with the Y-pipe. Made the sound a little "throatier", but far from offensive. I do NOT care for loud exhausts, and I think this is acceptable

Thank's guys. I will be keeping the stock muffler so sound shouldn't be a problem.
    14 R1200GSA, 93 R100R. No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.