Thread: Taillight Modulator

Question Taillight Modulator

My 2004 R1150R has the combination tail and brake light. The bike is partially disassembled and the battery has been removed. I want to add a Comagination brake light modulator to an LED brake light bar that I'm also adding. The modulator needs to be tied into the hot wire for the stock brake light which will remain in place and not be connected to the modulator. Does anyone know which terminal on the tail/brake light socket feeds the brake? The terminals are numbered and I believe its # 58 but want to confirm. Thanks in advance.

I believe the wire color is grey/yellow. Here is a link to the schematic: http://www.mac-pac.org/wp-content/up...agram-V1_1.pdf. This wire comes from the abs controller so make sure it has the voltages your add on requires and that it doesn't overload the circuit.

Thumbs up

Thanks Roger. I'm glad that I asked and you replied. The Haynes manual that I have has the connectors reversed; it shows #54 as the tail light and #58 as the brake light which is the opposite of your schematic.

Just to make sure, I looked at my BMW disk, the wire is grey with yellow stripe and the pin is 54.

The schematics are the effort of Doug Raymond. All of them can be found here: http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...th-wire-colors

RB

Not your questions answer but I opted for one of the falshing brake light bulbs & it's been in there fore several years plus www.superbrightleds.com has some LED's that I have mounted around my LP area and that all comes on when I tap the rear brake. Mine are the black plastic rectangle with like 5 led's each & all tie into the same wire with low draw.
    "If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up... I would take fewer things seriously...take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges at age 85.