Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Side car addition??

Side car addition??

I agree I got my rig last October, and spend much more time talking about and showing it then my two wheelers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Are you on facebook? Lotsa great discussions out here.

"Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."

Cool sidecar addition

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    I agree I got my rig last October, and spend much more time talking about and showing it then my two wheelers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely beautiful rig. Is that an Oregon plate? Thought for a minute it might be my old K100 until I remembered yours is a '95. Mine was a '91. Wasn't into sidecars when I owned it but I have no doubt about its capability to be a good tug.

Hacks are a blast! After 30 years of 2wheeling I got a Ural last year and haven't run 2 tanks of gas through my K since. Yeah, hacks have limitation but that's what makes them fun.
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

Lots of good advice for you already given here, heed it well. Your KLT will make a great sidecar tug, comfortable for the rider and plenty of power to pull the car. Plus, most of the maintenance stuff is on the left side of the bike so it's easier to work on than most rigs. Just stick with what you've been told so far-- 4-point mount properly done, read the yellow book and the USCA materials to help get the setup right, and if you get stuck the Southwestern rep for USCA is in NM and could probably put you in touch with someone to help with setup should you desire. Good luck with the project and have fun touring with the completed rig.

Best,

GTRider
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST -- 1988 K100RS (r.i.p.) -- 1995 R1100RSL (gone, never forgotten) -- 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C -- 2010 K1300GT

A great shot. It really shows how that front fork and tire are deflected in this maneuver (most noticeable under the headlight where the two tubes are visible; and the rim has disappeared behind the tire at about the 4 o'clock position).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner