Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It got up to 45 today...

It got up to 45 today...

... so I got the R65 out and broke in my new Rev-it H2O winter gloves. It felt so good to ride! Now I need to get some warmer pants.

Mid minnesota

Got up to 35F today, an early January thaw. However, sub zero temps are one day away. Actually enjoying this winter, nothing like a long trek through the silence of a deserted wood. Good for the heart in two ways.

Balmy and warm in Denver

A high of 57 degrees in Denver today. Spent last fall riding every possible day, so ended up raking leaves today, near the end of December. I'm the only guy on the street with bags of leaves for tomorrow's trash pickup! Around mid-march or so, we'll consider taking down the Christmas tree.

Nothing like a little delayed gratification! Hope you all had a great Christmas.
    -Kevin
    2005 R1200GS

It's 7 p.m. and I had to work some OT tonight; just got home from the ride back from work. I don't know how long I can stand this cold weather; and it's only the 27th of December - three months to go if we're lucky. It r-e-a-l-l-y sux.... . .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

45 years ago in San Luis Obispo there was a motel, probably on Monterey near Grand, that had a sign reading something like "SLO, where the sunshine spends the winter". I guess they weren't lying.

Just reached 61 here at 15:00 hrs. It stated at 16 this AM, and did not get above 32 until late AM. I can ride in those temps OK, but I am not going to ride until we have had a couple of good drenching rains to clear the cinder/salt mix off the roads. That results in pitting of my chrome rims. So, I will wait!

Lkarl KJ6OCL / 2000, R1200C

Ozzie Flyer

the opposite

Sorry to do this guys, but it is going to be 95 F here today in Brisbane. Hot. Going sailing instead.
    best regards
    regards
    Paul
    Ozzie Flyer
    BE KIND TO HUMANS... THEY BITE

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    45 and beautiful blue sky in WNY yesterday, so I spent the day carving corners........................................... on the skis
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

twas 61 yesterday afternoon in central NE, this morning 3 and my TDI car says "I don't think so...go back to bed!"

na1g
    Up to around 40 right now in eastern MA. Of course it's raining cats and dogs ("pitchforks and hammer handles", my wife from MN says - how quaint!) and the roads are covered in salt, so it might not be the best day for riding. There's always football - go Pats!

Patience, grasshopper. This too shall pass.

pete

When I left San Luis Obispo this morning about 8 a.m. it was 36 degrees. According to what the bike was trying to tell me. I think it flashes at 37 degrees and it was flashing. And reading 36.
    dc

Oregon - 39 deg.

I couldn't stand it. I had to get out for a ride. I lasted an hour. 39 degrees. Glad I went anyway.

Up to around 40 right now in eastern MA. Of course it's raining cats and dogs ("pitchforks and hammer handles", my wife from MN says - how quaint!)
    Send some of that back our direction. It may be warm and sunny but we're paying for it; we've only had 2.65" of rain this year (and it's still 2013)!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Caribbean Druid
    A brisk 65 here today. I only did 200 miles...

AZrider

days ride

had a great ride today left at 7am drove to Laguna Hills,CA from Phoenix,AZ and back at 8 pm tot 730 mi low 49 high 85 great ride very little traffic.
    R1200WGS 2013