Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: dual spark or single spark?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer View Post
    I still remember the first time I pulled and replaced my first oilhead valve cover after many years of owning airheads. I was absolutely flabergasted that they had _finally_ designed a valve cover with a sturdy reusable gasket and easy to install screws!
    Airhead valve cover gaskets are very reusable.

Think I get about 10 years out of them.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Follow up

still not done! Turns out the aftermarket carbon covers from www.nicecycle.com do not fit. Click on the link below for pics.

I've talked to Kyle at nicecycle and he's telling me ot send them back and he'll send me another set made by a different manufacturer. Oh well.....I probably shoudl have bought from BMW but price difference was too great to not try the aftermarket stuff. $485 each side vs. $179 for both......can't blame me for that decision.

More to come when/if the correct fitting covers show up...

http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=1045836

Carbon Covers installed!

Finally got it done. Guys at www.nicecycle.com finally got the a carbon cover to me that fits right but unfortunately its not the style cover I ordered and paid for. The one I ordered was solid and had no opening in the middle. Either way I think it looks fine and I do not want to drag this out another 6 months waiting for these incompetent people to get me what I ordered back in november of 2012. Just got it and installed it today (3/25/13). If you want to get "nicely" screwed go to www.nicecycle.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images