Thread: New Member- Eagle, CO

New Member- Eagle, CO

Hello All,
    I'm Randy and I'm writing you from the west slope Colorado town of Eagle! I just recently purchased my long awaited (and overdue!), first BMW motorcycle. My local sheriffs office decided to sell their bikes, so I purchased a 2004 R1150RTP, with 8700 miles. I last rode a KLR650 in 2004, and sold it before I moved to Colorado....what a mistake that was! I've always been fond of the RT's, and got such a good deal I couldn't turn it down.

Since it's still February, I can't do any riding its just sitting in the garage for now. I'm looking forward to completing the MSF class, getting geared up and riding!!

Hoping to learn a thing or two around here,

- Randy

Welcome aboard

I also like those bikes - Congrats on yours. I take it from your user name you're a transplant from Oklahoma. Hope you're enjoying Colorado. I lived in Durango back in the day and got really tired of the snow

I go back every year to elk hunt but with a bow and long before the snow falls
    Wes Fitzer-MOA BOD-Treasurer
    BMWMOA 170126
    BMW Riders of Oklahoma
    2014 K1600 GTLE

Quote Originally Posted by OkieGman View Post
    I also like those bikes - Congrats on yours. I take it from your user name you're a transplant from Oklahoma. Hope you're enjoying Colorado. I lived in Durango back in the day and got really tired of the snow

I go back every year to elk hunt but with a bow and long before the snow falls
    Thanks!

I am, a gen-u-wine transplant. Grew up in OKC, lived in SoCal for a bit and have settled in Colorado. Where in CO, do you come to hunt?

- Randy

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_okie View Post
    Hello All,
    I'm Randy and I'm writing you from the west slope Colorado town of Eagle! I just recently purchased my long awaited (and overdue!), first BMW motorcycle. My local sheriffs office decided to sell their bikes, so I purchased a 2004 R1150RTP, with 8700 miles. I last rode a KLR650 in 2004, and sold it before I moved to Colorado....what a mistake that was! I've always been fond of the RT's, and got such a good deal I couldn't turn it down.

Since it's still February, I can't do any riding its just sitting in the garage for now. I'm looking forward to completing the MSF class, getting geared up and riding!!

Hoping to learn a thing or two around here,

- Randy
    Welcome to the forum Randy. If I understand your post correctly, an '04 with 8,700 miles? Even with 87,000 it's a great bike. Enjoy the new bike and enjoy the forum. Any questions- just ask. Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_okie View Post
    Thanks!

I am, a gen-u-wine transplant. Grew up in OKC, lived in SoCal for a bit and have settled in Colorado. Where in CO, do you come to hunt?

- Randy
    North of Delores a little west of the small town of Dunton. Near Middle, Dunn and Dolores peaks.
    Wes Fitzer-MOA BOD-Treasurer
    BMWMOA 170126
    BMW Riders of Oklahoma
    2014 K1600 GTLE

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Welcome to the forum Randy. If I understand your post correctly, an '04 with 8,700 miles? Even with 87,000 it's a great bike. Enjoy the new bike and enjoy the forum. Any questions- just ask. Gary
    That's correct, 8700 miles. They other bike they had, only showed 11k miles. Pretty crazy. Since they never rode them, the sheriff decided to get ride of them. If I told you deal I got, you'd be even more shocked!

Quote Originally Posted by OkieGman View Post
    North of Delores a little west of the small town of Dunton. Near Middle, Dunn and Dolores peaks.
    Beautiful country down there!