Thread: Rental in Amsterdam

Rental in Amsterdam

Don't know where to post this so here goes. I have an opportunity to visit Normandy in June. The plan is to fly into Amsterdam where I'd like to rent a bike and ride south through Holland, Belgium and on to the World War II battlefields in Normandy. I'd also like to visit Vimy Ridge. Has anyone a got a recommendation regarding who to rent from?

I see Eaglerider has an outlet in Amsterdam now, but I haven't dealt with them.

http://www.eaglerider.com/bmw-motorcycle-rental.aspx

My wife and I visited the battlefields in Normandy a few years ago, (in a Fiat Uno) and it was one of the best trips we ever made.
    Last edited by rinty; 02-16-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by ROMANY View Post
    Don't know where to post this so here goes. I have an opportunity to visit Normandy in June. The plan is to fly into Amsterdam where I'd like to rent a bike and ride south through Holland, Belgium and on to the World War II battlefields in Normandy. I'd also like to visit Vimy Ridge. Has anyone a got a recommendation regarding who to rent from?
    I am sure they don't rent motorcycles at airport Schiphol. I lived a few miles from Amsterdam.
    I had my own bike, so I didn't need to rent it. I could ask local riders and let you know if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by GALA View Post
    I am sure they don't rent motorcycles at airport Schiphol. I lived a few miles from Amsterdam.
    I had my own bike, so I didn't need to rent it. I could ask local riders and let you know if you want.
    Sure. Ask around and I'll also enquiry with EagleRider. Thanks to both of you for your help.

[QUOTE=rinty;857967]I see Eaglerider has an outlet in Amsterdam now, but I haven't dealt with them.

http://www.eaglerider.com/bmw-motorcycle-rental.aspx

Acoording to the Eaglerider website I can rent any motorcycle I want in Holland from them - so long as it's a Harley.

Now it maybe that the web site is out of date. But, I'm going to take a pass on Eaglerider. The web site leads you to believe you can rent lots of bikes. But the "International", BMW's only seem to be available in Spain.

Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."