Thread: Wedding help

Douglas Williams

Wedding help

My daughter is getting married. The "when" is fall 2013(?). The where is East coast. She's in DC and we're in Raleigh,NC. She wants a location that has outdoor elements and perhaps some vintage qualities. Any ideas on a locale that would handle 100 to 150 folks; farm, winery, pub, club or whatever. MOTB is turning into a 'zilla so I'd appreciate any suggestions. This will be a non-church wedding. The venue can be anywhere from NC to NY. Thanks. I said I would help. FOTB
    Sent from a Galaxy, far, far away

Actually, I do have an idea. My niece got married on Long Island --outdoors--last year. The facility there was a remodeled farm area...and
    the wedding site was on an outlook which overlooked the ocean. Next stop: Newfoundland! There was another farm nearby which had
    remodeled farm buildings and outbuildings sufficient to hold dozens of folks. We stayed in a remodeled chicken coop...which could nicely hold a dozen folks. If this seems like what you're looking for...pM me and I'll get details..

Mac
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

I've seen weddings held at Opus 40 in Saugerties NY. It can be very pretty in the Fall.

-mc

http://www.lauxmontweddings.com/#

Lauxmont Farm is a large estate in Wrightsville, PA. It sits on a bluff overlooking the Susquehanna River. We ride by there and stop to take in the view regularly. The scenery is specatcular.

Douglas Williams
    Thank you. I've forwarded the links to my daughter. I think both sites are what she's looking for. Her new in-laws have a place in Woodstock, NY; not far from Opus

Check out Dave Matthew's vinyard and winery, Blenheim. It's right outside Charlottesville, VA, which might be a good geographical spot. My daughter was married there last summer. Beautiful place! The place where the wedding was held is called Blenheim Farm, and it's right next to the winery. A historical farm.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.

Allandale Mansion in Kingsport, TN

My daughter got married at Allandale Mansion in Kingsport, TN. It was beautiful and very affordable. http://www.allandalemansion.com/index.php
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Douglas Williams
    Thanks all. Excellent suggestions. I may get to keep my airheads after all.

Quote Originally Posted by 83014 View Post
    My daughter is getting married. The "when" is fall 2013(?). The where is East coast. She's in DC and we're in Raleigh,NC. She wants a location that has outdoor elements and perhaps some vintage qualities. Any ideas on a locale that would handle 100 to 150 folks; farm, winery, pub, club or whatever. MOTB is turning into a 'zilla so I'd appreciate any suggestions. This will be a non-church wedding. The venue can be anywhere from NC to NY. Thanks. I said I would help. FOTB
    There are 67 counties in PA and they all have at least one Magistrate that can do the deed. Likely cost ~$40.

If needed, I have a friend that will appear as Elvis and sing a few songs.

If that's a bit too low brow..........most wineries love to be wedding sites...............numerous opportunities around Keuka Lake in the NY Fingerlakes. Eagles Mere in PA is also a possibility.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Have you checked the Biltmore Estate in Asheville? Beautiful location, we were there for the RA rally a few years back, probably go again this year.
    They do list weddings under special event services.
    http://www.biltmore.com/
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

Douglas Williams
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    There are 67 counties in PA and they all have at least one Magistrate that can do the deed. Likely cost ~$40.

If needed, I have a friend that will appear as Elvis and sing a few songs.

If that's a bit too low brow..........most wineries love to be wedding sites...............numerous opportunities around Keuka Lake in the NY Fingerlakes. Eagles Mere in PA is also a possibility.
    I had actually mentioned to my wife that I should dress as the young Elvis and the groom's father as the old Elvis. She put the kabash on that. No sense of humor, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 83014 View Post
    No sense of humor, I guess.
    How much would it piss off the mother-in-law? How much is that worth to you?
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744