Thread: Quietest Helmet

Hybrid View

Quietest Helmet

OK so in y'alls opinion...what is the most quiet modular helmet available ? I have an older Airoh and it is anything but quiet.

I'm thinking about a new one so...thought I'd ask! I normally were a 1/2 helmet but would like to get away from that,.....tired of eating bugs...

Ron

I have the Shoie Qwest and the Arai Signet Q. Both are supposed to be quiet helmets. On an RT with a big wind screen they are quiet.
    However, on anything else they are too noisy without ear plugs. So, if you want quiet helmet, wear ear plugs. The quest for the quiet helmet will never end unless your head gets a custom made helmet. If you are cheap, my recommendation for Ear plugs is the Laser Lite brand from Howard Leight. In my humble opinion, custom helmets are the way to go for quiet helmets.

check out this post:http://www.ducati-superbikes.com/ind...quiet-helmets/

or this one http://www.helmet-guide.com/quiet-mo...le-helmet.html

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    OK so in y'alls opinion...what is the most quiet modular helmet available ? I have an older Airoh and it is anything but quiet.

I'm thinking about a new one so...thought I'd ask! I normally were a 1/2 helmet but would like to get away from that,.....tired of eating bugs...

Ron
    According to the independent testing I've seen, Schubert makes the quietest helmets you can buy. It's the neck roll construction that keeps that wind and noise out from below. They're also extremely well made and comfortable if it fits your head shape. My C3 fit pretty well but over time broke in to be just a hair on the loose side. I swapped out the inner liner with one from the new S2 and it now fits perfectly. I just wish they'd make the SRC collar with an input for ear phones.
    Wes Jones
    Annapolis, MD
    2012 K1600GT, Vermillion Red
    2013 S1000RR, Granite Gray

+1 on Schuberth but, as stated, proper fit is also important. You want the quietest modular that will fit YOU. If you try the Schuberth, or any helmet, wear it around in the shop for at least an hour (jaw locked down). Many people (like me) find it very comfortable at first, but find the helmet painful after about 45 minutes of use. I would also recommend that you wear the same glasses that you wear when you are on the bike. See if you can remove or don the helmet with your glasses in place without any problems. Also, pay attention if your glasses get uncomfortable with the helmet on.

The Schuberth C3 is a fine product, but could easily become a $700 mistake. Your dealer should be eager and very proactive in helping you find the proper fit and brand of helmet.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

+1 for Schuberth. A very quiet helmet

Wow, someone else had an Airoh! Mine wasn't too bad, much quieter than the Shoei Duotec I had but not a quiet as the Caberg I have now. Consensus is the Shuberth is the way to go but they are way to pricey for me. Tried a Scorpion EXO 900 and really liked it, probably be my next lid. Too many variables in fit, shield height and design, your hight, head shape, etc that effect the noise level.
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Quote Originally Posted by 35634 View Post
    ............... Too many variables in fit, shield height and design, your hight, head shape, etc that effect the noise level.
    You forgot to add windshield height and general aerodynamics too.

Make any helmet quiet : http://www.earplugsonline.com/

Name:  pack-family.gif
Views: 4448
Size:  8.8 KB
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010