Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Backwards Zipper ?

John
    Hi Bill,

I don't know about the oil. That left handed zipper is a European thing. You know, they do drive on the wrong side of the road? At least that is my American view of the problem!

For what it is worth, my BMW (MEN'S) jacket has a left handed European/woman's zipper also. Like you, it was awkward for me in the beginning. After a while, you get use to it. And when the zipper is covered up, the jacket still looks manly.

You have a good day,
    John

Bill

Be aware if you buy the european branded oil the cap has left handed threads
    Anthony S.
    2012 R1200GS

In the US mens and womens zippers are opposite.

Between the US and Europe, mens zippers are opposite for some reason. I had a British jacket like that once.

I have no experience with European women or their zippers, hooks buttons or velcro.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Backwards Zipper ?

Quote Originally Posted by flars View Post
    Anyone who says this is a "European" design is an idiot. Everyone with the slightest degree of intelligence knows that the 'wrong side' zipper, just like a blouse, is made for women.
    You bought the wrong jacket.
    Richard? Is that you?

John
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I have no experience with European women or their zippers, hooks buttons or velcro.
    I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that last sentence? (97% sure) However, my life experience with European women appears to be in line with yours. I am coming up on 30 years with the same wonderful California girl. Of those 4 closure methods, I do prefer velcro!!!

leftie

"...Calling people's comments out as idiots? Really? I've seen very few responses like that on this forum..."
    It's a joke, for crying out loud - hence the smilie face at the end of the comments.
    And btw - the Aerostich liner jacket has a 'reversed' zipper. They are designed that way so you have to use two hands to get inside your own clothes.

RK Ryder
    I had a wrong sided zipper once; never could get the hang of it. Had a tailor simply put in one that my fingers and mind could work together to zip up. Problem solved!

I'm not an idiot, just a problem solver.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

about two days

Two days and about 400 miles of Euro zipper management and it all seems normal

as a side note I originally wanted the Tourshell in blue. The female salesperson informed me that blue only came in womens sizes. How embarrassing . My over stimulated male ego was completely deflated
    Anthony S.
    2012 R1200GS

Last winter, I bought a full length sheepskin coat winter with "chick buttons". Learning to work these has been an interesting experience.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."