Thread: Lowering 2007 R1200RT using Hyperpro Lowering Kit.

Hybrid View

Lowering 2007 R1200RT using Hyperpro Lowering Kit.

So, I've reviewed all of the threads on lowering bike heights on the RT's, including shocks, low seats, custom seats, increasing the height of your boot soles, etc, etc. I happened to run across this web page from Hyperpro, that sells a 25mm lowering kit for $330.

http://epmperf.com/lowering-links.htm

Has anyone had any experience with this solution?

Thanks

I just recently installed the lowering springs on my 09 RT. I removed the shocks myself but had to take them to a shop to have the shocks taken apart and the new springs installed. I have taken the RT out several times since the install and the lower ride height is great, feet flat on the ground and much easier to move around or park. The ride with the new progressive springs is better than stock, a very stable ride although you loose a little ground clearance. I haven't had any problem with the side stand and it is a little harder to put up on the center stand but not that difficult. I would go for it.

Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by c_artgo View Post
    I just recently installed the lowering springs on my 09 RT. I removed the shocks myself but had to take them to a shop to have the shocks taken apart and the new springs installed. I have taken the RT out several times since the install and the lower ride height is great, feet flat on the ground and much easier to move around or park. The ride with the new progressive springs is better than stock, a very stable ride although you loose a little ground clearance. I haven't had any problem with the side stand and it is a little harder to put up on the center stand but not that difficult. I would go for it.
    Thanks, good information. If lowering the seat is not enough, this will be my next option.

RK Ryder
    Keep in mind the consequences of lowering the bike will have on using the centre stand. After having my K lowered by a mere 1/2", it is impossible for me to put it on the centre stand when touring. You may not have that problem, but keep in mind that might be a possiblity.
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

Merlin III

Lowering

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    Keep in mind the consequences of lowering the bike will have on using the centre stand. After having my K lowered by a mere 1/2", it is impossible for me to put it on the centre stand when touring. You may not have that problem, but keep in mind that might be a possiblity.
    I bought my 1150GS used and it was already lowered. For 300 dollars MAX BMW lowered both stands. It was expansive, but worth it being now able to use the center stand and to be able to walk away from the bike while on the side stand without fear that the wind would blow it over.

Lowering RT

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin III View Post
    I bought my 1150GS used and it was already lowered. For 300 dollars MAX BMW lowered both stands. It was expansive, but worth it being now able to use the center stand and to be able to walk away from the bike while on the side stand without fear that the wind would blow it over.
    Whatever changes I make, I would like to be able to return the RT to factory specifications. While the Lowering Kit from Hyperpro can be removed and the RT returned to factory specifications, cutting the side and center stands would be more difficult to return to factory. I have an appointment with a custom motorcycle seat upholsterer to further customize my Sargeant low seat. He thinks he can get me from standing on my toes, to standing on the balls, which would be fine by me.

Thanks for all the feedback.