Thread: Why Trojan warnings on home page

Hybrid View

Why Trojan warnings on home page

Read some previous posts in Motorrad about www.fmld.at/_daten/api.js. I dumped all my files, cookies, etc. Did a defrag, virus scan, the whole 9 yards. I still get the virus warning when I go to the home page. If I go directly to the Forum I don't get the warning. Is there some Trojan lurking around the home page?
    Dave Swift
    '07 R1200RT
    '04 R1150RT

We are still clean Dave. There have been a couple of members who haven't been able to -possibly- clear their browser history. I don't know what browser you are running but if you have say, Internet Explorer and Firefox on your 'puter- try the other browser. If you are not sure how to clear your browser, you can use a search engine to ask "how do I clear the history with ____________" and generally will find some easy to use steps.
    If you haven't been on in a while, and came right in on the home page (no login) then you do have the info stored on your machine. The warning is a residual and when you get it squared away- if you could- let us know so it may help others.
    Good luck. Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

The MOA office has hired a third-party to perform routine scans of the website and forum...none exist that they know of. The purpose of this extra scanning is to ensure a clean copy of everything on the server before we are switched over to a new software suite.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Did all the standard purges, deletions, re-boot, etc. That particular file warning only shows up on the MOA home page (not if I go directly to the Forum.) So that's my work-around since I can't avoid it any other way. Maybe your wizards can do a search for that file.
    Dave Swift
    '07 R1200RT
    '04 R1150RT

Dave -

I don't know what else to tell you, other than to call Jeff at the MOA office. I did ask him about this very subject a week or two ago because someone else mentioned the issue. He was unaware of any trojans or viruses and they are paying another company to do periodic scans.

I think at this point, you should call Jeff.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Dave -

I don't know what else to tell you, other than to call Jeff at the MOA office. I did ask him about this very subject a week or two ago because someone else mentioned the issue. He was unaware of any trojans or viruses and they are paying another company to do periodic scans.

I think at this point, you should call Jeff.
    I have contacted Greg Feeler by email and sent him an image of the pop-up warning, which is exactly as the original poster stated.

BMWMOA 02 04 2012 pop up cropped.jpg

Harry

PS: lately I get that pop-up, then a green one that states the file in question has been blocked.
    2003 R1150RT - Silver