Thread: sourcing wire

Hybrid View

Rally Rat

sourcing wire

I'm trying to find correct wire for replacing old/worn wires in a BMW wiring harness. Anyone happen to have a source for wire in the correct color codes and gauges?

I'd think of Motobins or Huckys spare parts for new wire or EBay, moa flea market or IBMWR for used a used wiring harness.
    Ken Tuvman
    Excelsior, MN
    K75s, R65LS, R60/5

If you are looking for a single wire of a certain color & guage, try a forign car salvage.
    BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen.

Ken F
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein

If you're blessed with a /5 or older, you can buy an entire wiring harness (engine, main & subframe) for around $150. You need to be aware that the actual gauge of the wire is slightly smaller than the 40+ year old stuff. /6 and later.... not so good; $650+

As mentioned, a fairly good source for "single" wires might be eBay; I frequently see wiring harnesses offered. The chances of the particular wire color you need being tact are probably pretty good.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Rally Rat
    I was specifically looking for the correct size and type, with correct color codes, I was going to roll my own.

Just found this with google at BMW of Las Vegas > http://www.bmwoflasvegas.com/Bikers-...ductId=9180354
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner