I'm not a complete minimalist and sometimes do a mix of motel and camping on solo trips so pack to make that easy. Camping gear (tent, mat, seat, cooking gear, etc) segregated in a dry bag on the passenger seat (held by a crisscross of Rokstraps through its handles, there is zero chance of it coming off while riding), clothes and stuff for inside the tent on a liner bag in the topcase, riding gear layers in the clutch side case and tools/maps/bike supplies in the throttle side case. Tank bag set up to charge electrics, run heated gear , carry munchies and water unless its so hot I'm wearing a camelback or even my Veskimo (I like my comfort)....I have extra space for souvenirs and carrying a few cold ones when desired...

My friends Jerry and Barb have the drill down to a fine art for dual travel while camping on the RT- even with the pooch as in his note. They make it look easy and there is no doubt that pooch loves to ride that RT..

But most of my friends who do long camping trips two up use a trailer. I suspect in most cases that choice is driven by the requirements of the female half and to some extent by the simple fact that one can be less organized with more space to haul stuff- allows large tents, bigger chairs, optional comfort items etc..

My SO doesn't camp and when we go dual she rides her R1100S carrying her own gear. I added a few things like a gps, a small electrified tank bag that serves as her purse, etc to it plus a larger screen to make it a better touring fit for her.. Among this years trips is a 2 week one to RA and UNRally that are back to back in the NC mountains (Asheville and Blowing Rock). The helmet bluetooth sets we use work for solo or dual runs...