Thread: 2013 gs

2013 gs

Has anyone seen the 2013 air/glycol cooled GS at any of the cycle shows yet?

Yes

Yes
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

Back in November. Even swung a leg over it while it was on the center stand. I suspect my back account is going to take a hit once I get a chance to test ride the bike.

Yep! Sunday in Cleveland.
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker
    05-GS Rock Red 86k miles
    2013 TW200

One Man Wolfpack Kent Niederhofer's Avatar

2013 gs

I plan to kick the tires this weekend at the Novi show near Detroit.

Kent

On the Road
    I saw the liquid cooled GS at the Minneapolis show. I got there early on Friday so I had a chance to spend some time at the BMW display before it got busy. My impression was that the bike looked every bit like the premium piece I expected. I was a little surprised though that with the unit construction of the engine, transmission, alternator that it wasnÔÇÖt more compact. There was a BMW Motorrad rep standing next to it who seemed knowledgeable, so I asked him if there was anything new about the final drive, other then the fact it was located on the other side. He said it (final drive) was all new inside, and that the only reason it was moved, was to place the exhaust on the right side of the bike. Because GS riders often have to push their bikes, and do so from the left side, the exhaust pipe would melt their pants.

To me, the final drive looked exactly the same from the outside, so when I was leaving the show, just for grins, I asked another Motorrad rep about the final drive. He said; no, itÔÇÖs the same, we just moved it to the opposite side. So there ya go, after talking to two BMW reps I know just as much about the final drive as I did when I arrived.

Another bike I spent some time looking over was the F800GT, nicely done BMW!!

Bill

Yes, at Long Beach in December. I had a few questions about it, and neither Jim Hyde nor the alleged "tech" guy could answer them. Nice looking machine, but I always thought off-roaders wanted fewer things that might fail...

Caribbean Druid
    I'm going to give it a model year or two, and see what the reliability factor turns out to be, given the all-new design. That's why I went ahead and bought the 2012. Well, that and I think the Rallye paint scheme is cool...

Yes, at the New York show.
    The BMW Motorrad rep was there with great info.
    Janda
    2011 R1200R