Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: The magazine

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    42

    The magazine

    Not sure where to post this but is anyone else missing the January issue of BMW ON ?
    This is day 10.
    I know it's available electronically but I don't have a 'puter in the pooper.

  2. #2
    No longer a member here
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,432
    I got mine on Wednesday. Friends had still not received it. There seems to be a delay.

  3. #3
    Lady Scarlet Terry Cainey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fenwick, Ontario
    Posts
    54

    Magazine

    We received ours yesterday, sometimes things are slower after the holidays
    Terry Cainey
    Ambassador Fenwick, Ontario Canada
    Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    42
    O.K., I know sometimes the holidays affects delivery.
    Starting to worry, affecting my constitutional and all.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lansing, Kansas
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by wuzred View Post
    Not sure where to post this but is anyone else missing the January issue of BMW ON ?
    This is day 10.
    I know it's available electronically but I don't have a 'puter in the pooper.
    Got mine about a week ago, right after New Year's Day.

    Another question I don't know where to post: My BMW ON magazine comes inside a large white envelope with $3.03 worth of postage affixed!!! Inside the envelope is the magazine with its plastic cover and a dupilate mailing label just like the label on the outside of the paper envelope. Why are they spending $3 bucks to mail the magazine to me????? I know I'm important to MOA, but dang! BTW, I only joined in August or September (4 or 5 months ago) and I would have understood the initial issue being "specially mailed" to a new member, but like I said, both inner and outer mailing label seem correct, and it's been several months now. What's going on???
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

  6. #6
    vincewinkel
    Guest
    That's odd. I'll look into that for you.

  7. #7
    jeepinbanditrider
    Guest
    Got mine day before yesterday.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    690
    It's the post office. I have noticed that when I have a substitute mail delivery person, my mail is extremely light. Then when the regular guy returns, there's a huge pile of magazines and sales circulars. I had posted in the past threads about issues being late that mine can arrive in the third week of the month. It seemed I was the last person in the USA to receive the issue most months. This month, I received mine right after the first. Earliest I ever received one.
    Go figure.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lansing, Kansas
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by vincewinkel View Post
    That's odd. I'll look into that for you.
    Thx Vince. Don't want our organization to waste money like that. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

  10. #10
    No longer a member here
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Got mine about a week ago, right after New Year's Day.

    Another question I don't know where to post: My BMW ON magazine comes inside a large white envelope with $3.03 worth of postage affixed!!! Inside the envelope is the magazine with its plastic cover and a dupilate mailing label just like the label on the outside of the paper envelope. Why are they spending $3 bucks to mail the magazine to me????? I know I'm important to MOA, but dang! BTW, I only joined in August or September (4 or 5 months ago) and I would have understood the initial issue being "specially mailed" to a new member, but like I said, both inner and outer mailing label seem correct, and it's been several months now. What's going on???
    Looks like the original mailing of your magazine was returned to the sender by the post office because of a problem with the mailing label. They then stuck it into a white envelope and mailed it again. You received some special service by the MOA!

  11. #11
    Motorcycleton
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    999
    Today is the 11th and my magazine hasn't shown up. I called HQ a couple of days ago and was told that there was a bit of a delay in the mailing. It was suggested that I wait until early next week to see if my issue shows up (e.g., mailman is through reading it). No problem with waiting, I'll just look at the on-line version.

    Uh, maybe not... All I'm getting is a pdf with the cover and table of contents. I thought that one could turn pages and zoom in and the like with the on-line magazine. Has something changed (it has been a few months [year?] since I last tried to look at the on-line issue)? Is there some "trick" that I'm missing? Do I need special software? [I tried doing a bit of a search to see if there were hidden clues, and this thread seemed closest.]

  12. #12
    Motorcycleton
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    999
    Quote Originally Posted by robsmoto View Post
    ... I'll just look at the on-line version.

    Uh, maybe not... All I'm getting is a pdf with the cover and table of contents. ...

    Ok! I just needed to look more (kind of like needing to get that last bolt out of the sump cover).
    I found the on-line magazine that allows "turning" pages, zooming, and everything!

    The magazine is here -
    http://digital.turn-page.com/title/4865

  13. #13
    Motorcycleton
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    999
    ...and another thing...

    I just discovered that it is possible to click on a URL in an ad and be taken to the advertiser's website. Cool!

    Now, how can I do that with the print edition?

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lansing, Kansas
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by EMSimon View Post
    Looks like the original mailing of your magazine was returned to the sender by the post office because of a problem with the mailing label. They then stuck it into a white envelope and mailed it You received some special service by the MOA!
    Exactly what I thought, too---the FIRST month! But now it has arrived in my mailbox like that for five or six months. MOA no longer has the easy excuse. Somebody is a tad lazy.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

  15. #15
    MOA #24991 Pauls1150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    south of Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,537

    Otl

    Mine showed up yesterday, bagged and in perfect condition.

    On the other hand, I also received my December OTL yesterday (it's traditional to be a little late), and its cover was quite shredded front & rear; it was hanging on to the rest of the mag by one side of one staple. Oddly though, the rest of the mag - from page 1 "Changing of the Guard" through to the Black Eagle ads on page 92 - is in absolutely perfect condition.

    I've talked to the local postmaster before - the post office has issues, including budget cutbacks and personnel turnover. In the recent past, if a "regular" didn't have my route, the substitute might not find my house (rear house of a corner property) and my mail would be delayed or returned. I am now an official "checkpoint" where a new bar code on my mailbox has to be scanned every day!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •