Thread: Couldn't find a better thread to ask this question!!

Hybrid View

Couldn't find a better thread to ask this question!!

Years ago, when I was a member of the BMWMOA (mid 1980's), each member got a little booklet that had a listing (by location of residence), of willing members who would make themselves available if a traveling fellow member had a breakdown.

Does the club still do anything like that? I and my son are planning a trip late this spring/early summer, and I sure would feel a lot more comfortable if I had one of these!

Thanks,

Nutfarm
    Yes, it's called the BMW owners anonymous, available to all club members.

Our ON editor has indicated in the latest column that coming soon to a phone near you will be the Anonymous app! That should make things better!!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

moosehead
    My last anonymous book was 2009....10+ years member....4 books...not a great track record from the organization. Perhaps living and being member in Canada doesn't help...don't know why..... they get my money every year. I update info for them yearly if any changes.

I gave up calling every year for one....maybe north of the border is beyond their mail delivery for a directory but I get the mag OK and they get my cheque.

Funny, I actually get 2-3 calls a year from BMW riders through the anonymous directory just becuse I live where I live on a major trade route where the closest BMW dealer is 200 miles away. As a result have helped out many riders...mostly "newer" beemers that require dealer surgery.

I still travel with the old 2009 directory but never used it yet....probably cause I ride airheads only

Sorry for the rant but beginning to feel like a 3rd world citizen to this organization at times....

And I don't have a hi-tech cell phone with APPS etc...I ride airheads remember

Quote Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
    My last anonymous book was 2009....10+ years member....4 books...not a great track record from the organization. Perhaps living and being member in Canada doesn't help...don't know why..... they get my money every year. I update info for them yearly if any changes.

I gave up calling every year for one....maybe north of the border is beyond their mail delivery for a directory but I get the mag OK and they get my cheque.
    Something is wrong, I get mine every year. I just looked at the last one and it is 2012, sitting on top last year's. My membership started in the mid 80s too and I don't remember not getting one. I would forward this link to them via email and ask them to check into it.

Wayne

moosehead
    Quote Originally Posted by toooldtocare View Post
    Something is wrong, I get mine every year. I just looked at the last one and it is 2012, sitting on top last year's. My membership started in the mid 80s too and I don't remember not getting one. I would forward this link to them via email and ask them to check into it.

Wayne
    I'll try them again this year about it...we'll see. Last year I called and they said they sent another one but never got it. We even reconfirmed my address but nothing showed up. We'll see what happens....let you know.