Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: The GS Giant vs. Bigfoot... who's bigger?

Returning for some GS Giant Adventure

Just signed up for the Rally (and ticked the GSGiant box - Ian is that really all their is to it?). Last time 2011 in PA - was great and learned a lot. Randy look forward to connecting with the group going from Hayfork. When you get plans for leaving from Clovis perhaps you will post them. I may consider heading towards Hayfork on the 12th - from Bay Area. Anyone else with plans / ideas from this area?

Cheers
    Stuart

Will do:)

Thanks Stuart. In Clovis, we are only hours apart. I have so many friends coming to HAYFORK, I too have considered leaving early to meet some of them. Sunday, the July14th is night camping in Hayfork. Ian has promised "Playbooks" to those signing up and these will be self explaining when you get one. I too, registered for Salem Rally/GS Giants and got my Rally confirmation in mail, but nothing saying GSGiants on it? I expect I'm in. IAN is likely very busy about now, will chime in again soon. You leave the Bay Area on the 12th, you'll have plenty time riding the NW California getting there in Hayfork. Look forward to meeting up. I WILL stay current HERE as things come very close and my depart from home is set for real. I CAN GO anytime after the June26 doctor app't. I have to keep. PLACE IS; The Trinity County Fairgrounds, HAYFORK, July14th, RandyGSA1200....

HAYFORK Riders;

The number I have heard from now coming to Hayfork is 11 GSs as of this day. Anybody wondering. Its likely to grow to 20+ or so I'm hoping. More is better. You don't have to be on a GS, just dirt riding friendly folks. Most are here for GSGiants however and riding them. IF youre passing the area for Salem Rally, stop in Hayfork, CA., camp with us...As you make friends in Hayfork, you may find yourself sharing the byways Northbound, similar interests and sights to see en route to Salem. This region is RICH in sights to see and just a candy store of m/c riding heaven. Enjoy, HOPE to see ya, Randy. I camp in GSGiant Camp at Salem Rally, as we have done in recent years. IF Ya'll did not know this already!!! A GS CAMP inside rally grounds(Salem) is OURS, with group tent and much else. This is a repeat of recent National Rallies and its worked great. Join us there. ITS MARKED "Red"(GS Giants) on Rally Map in 'ON magazine. Randy

Hey, who's going to Elko?

Just checking on anyone coming through Montrose, CO on their way to Salem with GS Giants? JRGS in Montrose

Colorado Springs;

Don Burns above in this thread, leaves out of C. Springs around the 12th I think. GSA1150 he rides. "Warthog", his avatar. Post him a note. Randy

GSA Up and Running

Hey Randy,
    Got the 1150 all tunned up.. New plugs, Air cleaner, rear break pads, two New tires, Throttle Bodies synced. I have a little bend in my front rim but it balanced out so it is ok to ride! Can't wait to get on the road! Is it July yet? Will send in an email one of entended routes from Aches.. Hope you are heeling up!
    Matt M

Doing good:)

Waiting for Darien Light Pants to arrive I just bought and riding to Grand Canyon for a few days. Good to hear bike is ready. DO stay in touch, keep my email and phone# handy. If I am not here daily, means I'm out riding and IPhone only link. I do not carry tablet or laptop. Randy

GS in Elko

Quote Originally Posted by 183951 View Post
    Just checking on anyone coming through Montrose, CO on their way to Salem with GS Giants? JRGS in Montrose
    Yes, planning to meet in Elko on July 14. (with two others)

Mike in San Antonio

Bay Area Departure

Quote Originally Posted by tweetbiker View Post
    Just signed up for the Rally (and ticked the GSGiant box - Ian is that really all their is to it?). Last time 2011 in PA - was great and learned a lot. Randy look forward to connecting with the group going from Hayfork. When you get plans for leaving from Clovis perhaps you will post them. I may consider heading towards Hayfork on the 12th - from Bay Area. Anyone else with plans / ideas from this area?

Cheers
    Stuart
    I'm in the Bay Area as well and plan to head to Hayfork if you're interested in meeting up.

-Bill

Lady's too:)

I have at least 5 Women GS riders signed up for Hayfork, so if youre a novice or intermediate or even expert woman GSer, please come along. You'll be in great company. Just got my GoPro mounted on GSA and ready. IF y'all use these camera's by GoPro, they are quite fascinating and fun to see end of day riding videos and so on. I just remounted mine on right side of front fender, behind and above turn signal. I used the existing suction cup that came with camera to do it. This cup secures the camera really well and I use a safety cord, just in case it pops loose! Not yet. Helmet mount too, so variable mounts a good idea to move it about for different angles. FYI, I my case the GSA1200 stock windscreen is not very optically correct and shooting thru it not best for me. Any others using GoPro? Bring your IPads or other good computer gear that supports the camera and we share. MAY even make FOR SOME GOOD BS POINTS in the GS Giant Playbook IAN has in the works! Anybody hear from IAN yet? Randy

Randy, I'm departing Colo Springs on the afternoon of Thurs 11 July. In order to make up time and be in Hayfork I'm planning on slabbing it til I get to NV / CA border then grabbing 70/89.

Figure I'll get as far as Grand Junction the first nite and then some place on I 80 on Friday, and a campground in the CA mtns on Sat.

Don

We too:)

Gini and I leave on Saturday for camping somewhere Saturday night en route to HAYFORK. Unknown where we end up, but only two choices are interesting. Coastal route or Sierra Nevada Mtns.. Maybe we can stay in touch as you travel West and we will camp Saturday night somewhere and ride into Hayfork together. We are only 360 miles(from home) to Hayfork, so our pace is not a tough one. I would like a mid day arrival in Hayfork, as I am kind a "hosting" the location and getting there a tad earlier than most would be cool. Lets do something Saturday night. That 70/89 route is awesome, know it well. We never go direct miles anywhere, so lets hook up. Later, Randy 559-288-2555c. Its out there now, I don't mind calls related to this. Randy

Randy, any good camping around Lake Almanor off 89? Found a USPS place but requires 2 nite stay at $45.

Anyone Slabbing Down I80 From the East

That wants a change of pace and a chance to get dirty has an option on the Iowa/Nebraska boarder in the Loess Hills. Ian has a route through Preparation Canyon that consists of gravel road and Level -B, minimal maintenance roads. There are tons of roads in the hills so you can make the detour as long or as short as you want. I am trying to develop a border to boarder trans Iowa route through these hills and am using part of Ian's route. You can find it here, http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1320151.

If anyone coming through wants to rides these before the 13th I can make the time to meet up and ride with you.

Not PNW, but better than the slab. This is some of what it has to offer.
    Mills Co B-Road_2012.jpg
    Preperation Canyon_B-Road_13.jpg
    Preperation Canyon Lookout_13.jpg

Woman's GS Ride?

Anyone know what day the woman's only GS ride will be? My wife wants to ride this but also take one of the Rider University courses, trying to deconflict.

Thanks,
    Dutch