Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: The GS Giant vs. Bigfoot... who's bigger?

Scorebooks go out tomorrow.

120 riders have signed up.

If you don't have a scorebook by the end of the day on Sunday, July 7, post here please, or send me a PM with your name, email and mobile phone number.

Post here to say where you're starting from... it's worth some GS BS points.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok, Ian, I have been patiently watching and waiting, so now you have called me out. I will see you in Salem and be helping out there, as we have discussed. But to answer your challenge, I will be leaving Houston, TX on Wed, July 10th, heading west thru W Texas (what a joy!), up Hwy 191 to stay at Hannagan Meadows, west on 260 to Sedona, up to Flagstaff, to Las Vegas, Yosemite, and up to Hayfork, CA to meet up with Randy and his crew there.

Not sure about the timing yet, but I may be in Hayfork on Saturday night and depart before Randy's campout on Sunday evening. I am volunteering at the rally and need to be there on Wednesday. That means I need to arrive in Salem Tuesday evening. I think Randy is planning a 3 day ride from Hayfork to Salem. If you or Randy tell me I can make it in 2 days I will hang around till Sunday.

Anyway, not many people know or appreciate how much work you have put into these events (RA rally in NC and the MOA rally in Salem) but here's a quick thanks in advance for providing the opportunity for all of us to get together for such a great time.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Jerry M
    Cypress (Houston), TX
    2008 1200GS

Itinerant Traveler
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym100 View Post
    Anyway, not many people know or appreciate how much work you have put into these events (RA rally in NC and the MOA rally in Salem) but here's a quick thanks in advance for providing the opportunity for all of us to get together for such a great time.
    Damn straight! I've known Ian for years and the amount of time and dedication he puts into GS-related activities for the rest of us is amazing. I enjoyed watching the GS event at the RA rally (see photos at www.facebook.com/mortonsbmw), and when I get to the MOA rally, I'll be doing the same. One of these years, Ian may even get me to participate

'Til then, I'll be content just to see all you fellow GS-ers at the rally and on the road (and on the dirt). Ride safe, everybody!
    Steve Anderson
    Locust Grove, Virginia
    2002 R1150GS

Ian, departing Colorado Springs, CO on 11 July - Moab - Ely - IVO Portola, CA J and J Grizzly campground - Hayfork to rendezvous with Randy's crew.

Scorebook Just Arrived

Getting excited about the Rally in a couple of weeks. I just got my scorebook from Ian and am trying to figure out which routes to take. I'll be riding 2-up with my wife, so sticking to more moderate dirt routes. Can't wait to meet you all in Salem or along the way.Cottonwood Pass.jpg
    Ken
    "Striving to be less wrong than yesterday."

Douglas Williams
    I received my downloads today. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in Asheville.... wait a minute, that's not right. In spite of the email, I guess I'll still plan on Salem. I hope I'm not the only one there. I know, cheap shot. Sorry, Ian. I'm leaving Raleigh, NC July 8. Three long days to Rapid City then Cody, WY for Chief Joseph Through Yellowstone to Kamiah on the 14th. I'm going to skip Beartooth this time, or maybe not. I'll have to see how the bike and I are holding up. Safe travels, all.
    Doug
    Sent from a Galaxy, far, far away

join a ride

hello from texas
    my buddy and I will be in Portland Monday the 15th with our gsa's and we wanted to meet up with some of the giants that are heading to salem...do yall have an idea where you might be Tuesday morn? We would love to ride in with some of you west coast studs.

Quote Originally Posted by hwk2th View Post
    hello from texas
    my buddy and I will be in Portland Monday the 15th with our gsa's and we wanted to meet up with some of the giants that are heading to salem...do yall have an idea where you might be Tuesday morn? We would love to ride in with some of you west coast studs.
    The evening of the 15th, the WA riders will be meeting up at a campground near Leavenworth (east of Seattle). Tuesday morning, they will just be getting started, ride a nice bit of dirt road to Hood River, and hopefully they'll make it to somewhere along the Clackamas River by that evening.

Riders coming up from CA will be starting from near Grant's Pass on Tuesday morning.

Riders from NV will be near Steens Mountain.

And riders from ID will be out in the middle of nowhere depending on where they want to stop. Personally, I'd go for a campout near Hat Point in Hells Canyon. At least that is what I'll do on my way back home to Atlanta.

Ian

Randy Crew:)

HAYFORK July 14 is easy one day to SALEM, BUT my group rides all about the S.Oregon en route for Wednesday Salem. Please stop in Hayfork with us. Matt and I are broke down in SLC,Utah at BMW Dealer fixing his GSA1150 shaft housing pivot bearings. WE rode the beginning Pony Express dirt byway here and found his bike squeeking a tad. Anyhow, dealer has us fixed tomorrow and West we come. Ive been out a week riding the SW, just GS Giant'in my GSA off. Met Matt from NH and having some good fun. ELY, Nevada for us Wednesday night and Ghost town exploring across Nevada to California for HAYFORK. See ya'll soon. Happy Trails, Randy"Polarbear"

WA to Salem GS Giants Route details and attendees

Hi all. Trying to get more people to participate in thw WA to MOA option but struggling to find the details. Thought I saw and had, but seem to have gone MIA. Working with RideWest to get some more of their riders coming. Trying to connect with Stever Irby and Chris Vair, too. Tad

Meeting place for Monday night 15th?
    Route / Tracks
    Who is going?
    What time leaving on Tuesday?
    What time planned arrival on Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    The evening of the 15th, the WA riders will be meeting up at a campground near Leavenworth (east of Seattle). Tuesday morning, they will just be getting started, ride a nice bit of dirt road to Hood River, and hopefully they'll make it to somewhere along the Clackamas River by that evening.

Riders coming up from CA will be starting from near Grant's Pass on Tuesday morning.

Riders from NV will be near Steens Mountain.

And riders from ID will be out in the middle of nowhere depending on where they want to stop. Personally, I'd go for a campout near Hat Point in Hells Canyon. At least that is what I'll do on my way back home to Atlanta.

Ian

Sorry, leaving This Saturday. Will be volunteering Sunday and later.

Heading to Hayfork Sunday morning from the SF Bay area

Hayforkers,

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone Sunday evening in Hayfork. I'm leaving from the Bay Area Sunday morning if anyone wants to meet up along the way.
    My conact info; 408.772.4363 (Cell, text) or via email at 'email.bill.marks@gmail.com'.

-Bill

No Scorebook in Grangeville, ID

120 riders have signed up.

If you don't have a scorebook by the end of the day on Sunday, July 7, post here please, or send me a PM with your name, email and mobile phone number.

Post here to say where you're starting from... it's worth some GS BS points.
    Hi Ian-

I have not seen a scorebook. I sent you an email.

I have not decided between Kamiah or Haysfork as a starting point. One of the great things about riding in Idaho is the lack of people. I took a (2-up) ride in the mountains here Sunday. In six hours we saw 3 vehicles!

Jim Paradiso
    208-983-8364

Jim - please check your e-mail, and if you don't have one then both that have been sent are in your SPAM filter.

Ian

Got it!

Jim - please check your e-mail, and if you don't have one then both that have been sent are in your SPAM filter.

Ian
    Thanks Ian, got it in the email the second time around. Not sure what happened.

Looking forward to meeting.

Jim