Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: The GS Giant vs. Bigfoot... who's bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by 1dzmotard View Post
    Just got word yesterday we are heading to Cleveland, OH now not Minniapolis, MN. The plan was to swing by the Labratory where I keep my bikes in IL and fix up a bike to be brought out west for me. Now that I can't make it home no wheels to compete on the track.
    There will be light bikes for rent... and I shudder to think of you on a track when *not* riding an ADVpig.

Last edited by Visian; 06-29-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Score Book & Help at the MOA

Hey when do the score book come out? Want to make sure I am in an area where I can get wifi and access to a printer.. Also if help is need in Salem let me know.
    Thanks,
    Matt Mahmet

Matt - the scorebooks go out on Sunday July 9th.

We will need someone to off-load photos and video during scorekeeping sessions, I'll send you more info about that via email.

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Matt - the scorebooks go out on Sunday July 9th.

We will need someone to off-load photos and video during scorekeeping sessions, I'll send you more info about that via email.
    Thanks Ian.. I will be in WY I think or in UT I will try to find a Hotel or Internet cafe to print it.. I can do that I will have my Mac with me.. I will wait for the info via email.

Pre*view* of the GS Giant's Gypsy Tour.

Thanks to Coach Ramey Stroud for pre-riding this little section of the route.

As you head to Salem on any of the 4 Gypsy Tour options, you will enjoy this view. Photo by Coach Stroud.

Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

I will have my computer to off load photos/video and I will be able to upload GPS with routes one I get there.

by the way...

The GS Giant for 2013 will ride home with a nice new BMW Navigator IV GPS.

(makes it worth chasing down those GS BS points like the world's largest pig hairball, eh?

Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Nice:)

I leave home very soon, tomorrow. Maybe I can get my playbook at rally. Not been able to do this well before rallies, searching for points. Guess I'm not a runner for first, but would love having the book anyways for my collection. I know Matt M. has the same idea, downloading it from the road somewhere, so maybe he and I can share his computer, get mine too. We meet in Ely,Nevada or GBNP soon, for riding "Ghost Towns"(Nevada) on our way to HAYFORK, via my home. IF anybody has any time frame that puts them around ELY, Nevada on the evening, July9th, find us. ELY,NV. KOA Campground is our likely home for the night. GBNP is second choice. US50 crossing from ELY and cutoff just West of AustinNV for dirt byways, thru Reese Valley and IONE, NV Ghost town and West. Bodie Ghost Town inside CA., off US395. Mostly gravel, not expected to be beyond intermediate level riding. BTW: HAYFORK, CA is our GS Giants pre Salem rendezvous, July14th for camping. You passing near us, you'd better stop and enjoy the company. Pick a partner/share similar interests, ride North to Salem. HAYFORK is as promising an area in the depths of NCal wilderness, for riding Beemers as you'll find anywhere. Mt Shasta/Mt.Lassen loom to the East and the Redwoods NP to the West and even a direct North into Oregon route. The choices are all great from Hayfork and WE have the evening of the July14th to share our thoughts for the next few days to Salem. What more can one ask for. Crater lake is a half day ride. State line is an hour. Redwoods NP, an hour+. Dozens of dirt byways too. NO dirt? Also dozens of paved, single track some along the Salmon River and Klamath R.. WATCH for the Bald Eagles there! They seem to love those rivers and fish. I'll be out and about and my IPhone4 and email are my only links to 'MOA Land. 559-288-2555 and gsarbear@gmail.com Please feel free to use'em. I may be in wilderness, but will answer when I can. Randy

Question

2 days, 600 miles, true adventure riding

• Meet up in Kamiah, Idaho (west end of Lolo Pass) on Sunday, July 14
    • Ride through Hells Canyon on Monday, July 15
    • Meet for lunch at Hat Point in Hells Canyon and score mega GS BS points
    • Choose one of many campsites in Hells Canyon
    • Ride the Oregon Back Country on a superb adventure route, July 16
    • Ride up to Spanish Peak for more GS BS points
    • Camp out in the sticks, July 16.
    • Or be a Giant Wuss and get a hotel in Mitchell.

From the end of this route, it's a nice day ride to Salem, where you can set up your camp at the rally.

You'll need to manage your fuel on this ride, and going with friends is advisable.

I am coming from the east to go to the rally and would like to join up with the meet up at Kamiah. Is it open for any GS riders to join in?

Quote Originally Posted by TELBOY View Post
    I am coming from the east to go to the rally and would like to join up with the meet up at Kamiah. Is it open for any GS riders to join in?
    For sure...

You need to send me an e-mail so that I can send you a scorebook this coming Sunday.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    I'll be out and about and my IPhone4 and email are my only links to 'MOA Land. 559-288-2555 and gsarbear@gmail.com Please feel free to use'em. I may be in wilderness, but will answer when I can. Randy
    Ohmigosh, the Polarbear's done gone high tech.

Randy - check your e-mail for a scorebook. Maybe you can play with it a little before you leave.

Ian

THANKS so much:)

I got your help, much thanks. Its in my hot little hand and packed for depart tonight at 10PM, crossing the Mojave at a reasonable time of day for HEAT escape! I cross into AZ by sunrise and on towards the Grand Canyon. May hang out in Flagstaff with friend for the afternoon. Then North to Canyon, both sides of it and into Utah89N and wiggle my way back to ELY, Nevada to meet Matt out of N.Hampshire, maybe Don too/Colorado and ride together back WEST and HAYFORK. We will rack up some BS stuff for sure, as I intend some off road ghosting about some ghost towns in Nevada coming back. JULY9th is our night in ELY at the KOA campground and its FINE camping there indeed. ANYBODY finding their way along our path, welcome, please come on in! JULY9 ELY, JULY14th HAYFORK and JULY17, SALEM, what a hoot. Randy....I am off line here as of tonight 10PM, so goodbye for a while. 559-288-2555 OR gsarbear@gmail.com OR TEXT me, same number. I only carry IPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    I only carry IPhone.
    Randy, IPhone's are so passe'. Everyone has gone to the Galaxy S4.....

Just checked the forecast for Moab / Green River, UT area for next Thurs - 106 degrees. Guess who sleeping in a A/C hotel that night? I know I'm a whimp.

I'm overnight in Moab, UT at the Roadway Inn on July 11th and have a queen room if anyone is near there and needs a bed. Reserved a campsite in Ely at the KOA on the 12th and a site at the J and J Grizzly Store and Camping Resort on Sat nite. They say they have BBQ on Sat. Then over to Hayfork.