Thread: A new to me 1200 gs rally

A new to me 1200 gs rally

I purchased a clean unit,low mile,one owner 2012 R1200GS RALLY and need all the kit to up fit it.
    I know and will watch the flea market but if you see some one selling adventure cases and such accessories?
    I would appreciate you pass that along.
    Thanks in advance
    Dave

I would get the Jesse's panniers and be done with it. I don't think there's that much difference in price and Jesse's are a lot more heavy duty.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

Jessee

Quote Originally Posted by Ponch1 View Post
    I would get the Jesse's panniers and be done with it. I don't think there's that much difference in price and Jesse's are a lot more heavy duty.
    Ponch
    I would go with Jesse luggage again had the last set not leaked even after trying to seal all the numerous penetration had an 1" of water in them after 4 hrs in the rain.
    First set I had on my 05 gs never leaked but had the old style latches not the new and improved slider system
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davesbmw View Post
    Ponch
    I would go with Jesse luggage again had the last set not leaked even after trying to seal all the numerous penetration had an 1" of water in them after 4 hrs in the rain.
    First set I had on my 05 gs never leaked but had the old style latches not the new and improved slider system
    Dave
    OK. I didn't know. The thing about the BMW panniers is that they look like they'd collapse if the bike went over on it's side. There are other panniers that are supposed to be durable, like Micatech...So when you had the leaks, what did Jesse do for you?
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

Dave, I'm surprised to read this. I've had Jesse bags on my 12GS's since they came out in '04. Over 200k miles on the same set and no leaks. I've been careful to not pinch the rubber seals.
    Marty Hill
    12 GS black/Boxer Cup Replika

ride till you can't

leaking

Quote Originally Posted by martyhill View Post
    Dave, I'm surprised to read this. I've had Jesse bags on my 12GS's since they came out in '04. Over 200k miles on the same set and no leaks. I've been careful to not pinch the rubber seals.
    These were the new models that slide forward and rear. They have several penetrations where the brackets bolt through with only steel plates and bolts
    Jesse sent me larger stainless washers to replace the small one they installed when they installed them on my bike.
    Did nothing to stop the leak
    I made gaskets to try and seal off holes in the back side to no avail.
    Jesse said they have had a few that leaked like mine.
    I replaced them with the adventure cases no leaks.
    The first set on my 2005 GS had the original style connectors and never leaked.
    Dave

No leaks here either:)

On my 7th set of Jesse Bags, no leakers. I did drill some holes in my Jesse bags and trunk for water bottles and misc. other access. added. SILICONE never leaks if added properly. My bags have seen the worst case scenarios in touring, wet, mud and a general beating! The Jesse lineup is still #1 or very near so imo. Some others are really good too. Randy