Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yosemite Ride

Here is the link for the Tioga Pass info.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/now/tioga.htm

That meadow you photographed at Crane Flat is a very active area for black bears. We saw one grazing on a recent trip. The park is awesome right now with all the water moving through.

Nice photos!

Mike

Cumberland, MD in the mountains of Allegany County

I'm envious!

You West-coasters don't know how good you have it (or maybe you do!).... Between the Mexican Coast, Big Sur, Monterey/Carmel, Muir Woods, Mendocino, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, etc, etc, etc, I don't think I would EVER do anything but ride. How could you ever get enough of it???? We make the most out of a pretty nice mountain region here in Western Maryland. But, everytime I see one of these threads, I start to get a little envious, not to mention an itchy throttle hand. Keep posting the pics; I really enjoy looking at the areas that I can only dream about riding

ERIC1514

Firefalls

Actually, the bonfire was pushed off of Glacier Point. Saw it many times. Very pretty and very politically incorrect. The practice was ended in the late 60s. So sad.

The stain on Half Dome is just that. A stain caused by rain and leeched minerals in the granite.

Eric