Thread: Loess Hills Scenic Byway

Loess Hills Scenic Byway

This spring or summer I am going to ride from Cincinnati to the top of the Loess Hills Scenic Byway. I want to spend a night in Columbia, MO. What else is there to see and do in Missouri ? Rides or things to see ?

If you have the time consider dropping a little further south for some fantastic roads. The Falling Leaf Rally is held in Potosi, MO and most of the alphabet / double-alphabet roads south and west are a hoot. You'll get some good ideas at this link: http://www.gatewayriders.com/frmGene...gLeafRally.php

I live in Iowa and haven't yet tour the Loess Hills yet....enjoy!
    98 R1200C Canyon Red

Thanks !

Electric Kaiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradkap View Post
    This spring or summer I am going to ride from Cincinnati to the top of the Loess Hills Scenic Byway. I want to spend a night in Columbia, MO. What else is there to see and do in Missouri ? Rides or things to see ?
    there is a scenic by way in the midwest? Must have missed that one.

Once you get out of the corn fields of Illinois and cross into Missouri, you will find a world of trees, hills, curves and that is vastly different. If you cross at St. Louis, the route along the Missouri river on your way to Columbia is very nice. Not only is there great scenery, but lots of wineries and great towns like Herman that has many B and B's and good restaurants.

Missouri is a great place to ride. Plan to spend some time there as do us Illinois flatlanders.
    Nardowell
    Hoa Binh (Peace)
    Vietnam '69 and '70
    2012 R1200R classic