Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2013 Rally = Who's going?

Looking forward to seeing you and Barley again. Have a great time getting to Salem.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

Departure is less than a week....

rally

I'm starting to get excited but have changed my plans slightly. I'm leaving this Sunday night about 9 pm on my Bun Burner Gold attempt so I can get the night riding done first on roads I'm most familiar with. I'll visit a cousin in Boise, ID, then spend at least 1 night, maybe 2 at the camp out before the rally there at the state park near Boise. If anyone is interested in the camp out, Todd Lovell , is coordinating it and it's limited to 50 campers on both Tue and Wed nights. I saw it in the back of the MOA magazine. PM me if you need Todd's email. Hope to see some fellow forum members in Salem. Ride safe and have fun.
    IBA Number 49673
    Moore OK
    http://lngrdr.blogspot.com/

Well, it's pretty quiet around here....

Woulda' shoulda' coulda'.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by RINTY View Post
    Well, it's pretty quiet around here....

Woulda' shoulda' coulda'.
    Sadly, other events came up and funds didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by LngRdr View Post
    I'm headed out on 7-13 from Moore, going to try to do an IBA Bun Burner Gold to just the other side of Boise, ID. After a day or so with my cousin, a little slower pace the rest of the way to Salem. Not sure of my route back yet but thinking about heading back over and down thru Montana, stopping to see the grandkids in Casper, WY, then on home by the weekend after the rally. Should be some great riding. Anyone want to slab the first 1537 miles with me on the 13th, shoot me a pm.
    Made it from OKC to just the other side of Boise in 22 hours. Came on over to Salem yesterday. Big crowd at the Rally. Plan to ride Hwy 101 tomorrow.
    IBA Number 49673
    Moore OK

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Barley and I had a wonderful time, met some great new friends and reconnected with old, donated a bottle of Scotch to the Airheads since none of my veteran buddies seemed able to find us for a free shot, and left this morning. The heat along our path home is pushing triple digits, and I needed the extra day to reduce Barley's daily transit time as he doesn't handle heat all that well.

We're currently in Boise ID. Will cross to Idaho Falls in the wee hours tomorrow, then cut past the Grand Tetons and on toward Casper as far as we can make it.

Thanks everyone for a great time!
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Cool

Hey glenfiddich...I was hoping to meet you and say hello. Me and my buddy Hozer seen you and Barley walking towards the beer tent (assuming) but we were on a mission to find a helmet. I thought "I'll catch you in a bit"....dang, another missed opportunity. It was fun and a hell of a ride. I rode 4717 miles from my driveway to my driveway, Oklahoma to Victoria, BC and back. We met some of great people along the way and learned a lot about motorcycle travel....ready to go again!

Great rally

Great rally, I'm visiting my daughter in Casper,WY, then headed to the Top of the Rockies rally in Paonia, CO before heading back to Moore.
    IBA Number 49673
    Moore OK