Thread: 2013 Rally Hotels

2013 Rally Hotels

Hey everyone...If your planning on going to the 2013 Rally, hotel rooms are going fast. Which hotel is most the accommodating to Scooter Trash Rally attendees?

When we checked into reservations in December most of the nicer motels and places close to the site were reporting as booked up. We ended up booking a room at the Travelodge Salem Capital, which seemed a reasonable compromise between cost and room quality. For us, this reservation is a backup as we plan to camp but have not had much info yet on camping space and showers at the rally site. Google shows some areas with trees but you really can't tell much from that, would be nice if there were a fairgrounds layout somewhere on the MOA site, showing camping and shower plans.

Best,

GTRider
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST -- 1988 K100RS (r.i.p.) -- 1995 R1100RSL (gone, never forgotten) -- 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C -- 2010 K1300GT

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    would be nice if there were a fairgrounds layout somewhere on the MOA site, showing camping and shower plans.

GTRider
    The last two Nationals I attended, West Bend and Sedalia, had shower trailers plus the permanent shower buildings, which meant no lines.
    I would think the shower trailers are used at all the Nationals now.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Marine By Choice #188306
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    When we checked into reservations in December most of the nicer motels and places close to the site were reporting as booked up. We ended up booking a room at the Travelodge Salem Capital, which seemed a reasonable compromise between cost and room quality. For us, this reservation is a backup as we plan to camp but have not had much info yet on camping space and showers at the rally site. Google shows some areas with trees but you really can't tell much from that, would be nice if there were a fairgrounds layout somewhere on the MOA site, showing camping and shower plans.

Best,

GTRider
    Here is a link to a map of the fairgrounds: http://www.oregonstatefair.org/about...of-the-grounds
    Can get additional info on MOA website I believe.