Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lane Splitting in California

Quote Originally Posted by MPMARTY View Post
    I bailed out of California in 1969 and never looked back. On vacations we go a few hundred miles out of our way to avoid entering California at all. Back roads across the mountains to Lakeview Oregon and then across the desert to Winnemucca Nevada and on to Eureka Nevada and finally New Mexico. I will never enter that cursed state again.
    I wish a lot more people felt the way you do; the more angry people that leave makes the place better for me and my family

I will never enter that cursed state again.
    Outstanding warrants?

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    Outstanding warrants?
    Not at all. My wife and I are NRA Range Safety Officers and both have CCW permits from Washington, Oregon and Utah and carry our handguns at all times. California gestapo doesn't recognize our right to carry in their state so we don't.
    Marty - in the western Oregon mountains.'06RT, (gone '04RT, '86 Venture Royal, '81 Yamaha Virago920, '82Suzuki GS1100GK, '76 Suzuki GT750, Triumph 750 Bonneville, BSA Road Rocket 650, 61" Harley knucklehead)

Godwin's law, again

Not at all. My wife and I are NRA Range Safety Officers and both have CCW permits from Washington, Oregon and Utah and carry our handguns at all times. California gestapo doesn't recognize our right to carry in their state so we don't.

That's true, but you can still transport your guns through the state.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511
    YB #2005

Quote Originally Posted by AZgman View Post
    Or just avoid it altogether.
    My Motorrad
    BMWMOA 162849 | BMWRA 41335 | VROC 8109-R | VBA 19

jeepinbanditrider
    Quote Originally Posted by AZgman View Post

Depends on the locale. Yeah you are protected by federal law but when the locale decides to ignore that little bit of fedral law you have a legal fight on your hands as was shown in New York state a few times now by folks traveling though there. The wording on traveling in the Federal law is vague and some places use that to their advantage. In New York you basically have to travel directly though the state in the shortest way possible without stopping. At least that's how they see it.

Or not get pulled over. Usually ATGATT and whatnot makes us seem like less of a SCOFFLAW I guess you could say and they tend to ignore most of us.

Yeah, a lot of the laws suck, a lot of the politicians suck, a lot of the cagers suck, and we get occasional earthquakes... but while much of the country is freezing under the snow, I was out riding my bicycle along the beach just a couple of days ago...
    Attached Images Attached Images

jeepinbanditrider
    I hate beaches. The only thing I'm looking forward to my PCS move to San Diego is the mountains and the desert. Maybe the PCH but I don't actuallyhave to walk on a beach do I?

Geoxman

So it's working, two fewer guns on our roads!

KJ60
    The guns we need to get off the road are the ones the criminals have. The ones Marty and his wife have might be able to help us out some day.
    Pauls
    Having rode my bike up and down the strand and the bike path a few thousand times in the last 50 odd plus years, I have to say that's not much south of Los Angeles. But maybe right near the Manhattan pier. Maybe one block south. I'm tempted to go out there and look til I see it.
    dc

Bingo, David - look for a skinny old guy (probably with an NRA cap) on a black 10-speed...

[moderator=on]

Please note that we're treading into an area here not allowed on the forum. You can read in the Posting Guidelines, under Banned Topics, that no discussion of firearms is allowed.

Please don't make us shut down this thread. Thanks.

[moderator=off]
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Getting Back on Track...

A friend of mine in Sacramento just sent me this article from the Sacramento Bee -
    http://www.sacbee.com/2013/02/07/517...rol-posts.html
    Note that the CHP only advises with recommendations; but it's ALWAYS been illegal to go more than than 10 MPH over the flow of traffic (prima facie "Unsafe For Conditions").

and related -
    http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archiv...ylink=misearch

Huey

Lane Splitting in California

This is the official guidelines for lane splitting by the California Motorcyclist Safety Program, an official program of The California Highway Patrol.

http://chp.ca.gov/programs/lanesplitguide.html