Thread: Tent

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by garthw View Post
    One thought is to buy a tent that is one size bigger than the number of people who will use it. ie If is just you get a 2 person, if you have a partner to share get a 3 person etc.
    Agreed.

I normally buy a tent that is classified as a 4 season tent because of the added protection. I have found that you get what you pay for when purchasing a tent.

A few years ago, we were planning a winter snow trip and needed a backup tent so I purchased a model called "Extreme" made by a company called ALPS Mountaineering. It is offered in a two, three, or five person version and is a well designed tent with excellent ventilation.
    ALPS manufactures this tent in two different fabrics, offering an "expedition" grade for serious use. If you like this tent, the expedition grade
    is the one to buy. The standard model uses a lighter weight fabric to keep the weight down and to keep the tent at a lower price point.

What ever you purchase, do yourself a favor and set the tent up at home a few times before you take it out on the road.

BTW, REI has a great return policy on anything you buy from them. You can also rent a tent from them if you live near one of their stores
    Last edited by ARGENT BRICK; 01-25-2013 at 09:08 PM.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6