Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time to clean the Garage.

Rally Rat

Time to clean the Garage.

So, I scored some BMW stuff over the last week, and I thought I'd show the pile...

025.jpg

I'll be sorting, tagging, and cleaning as I go. If people are interested, I can keep them posted. I expect to run into a number of things I don't want/cant use.

James.A
    Nice pile!!!!

you could send me PM's when you get a grip on the inventory. I am always interested in Airhead parts.

Rally Rat
    well, there's a bunch of R65 stuff in there, heads, jugs, and a front wheel. few other odds and ends.

a pair of tank rubbers, and a handful of toaster tins, that's what I've found so far.

I would be interested in some of it too.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

It looks like a Vesco Rabid Transit fairing is resting in there also. Nice cache.

Rally Rat
    That is, indeed, a Rabid Transit. No cracks, with mounting hardware, and the plexi is clean, and scratch free.... I don't see myself keeping the Rabid, it's not my style.

Looks like you have scored a pile of great parts related to, what I see, whole or pieces of an RS and an S. Looks like a welding rig and terrific tall tool chest. Wish I could stumble onto such a collection. Good luck and take yer time unpicking it.

I'd be interested in your inventory when completed. Would it be best to PM you or keep an eye out in the flee market?

thanks,
    Mike Horne
    76 R90/6
    93 R100R

Me too. That looks to be an R90/100 S fairing there as well...

Mac
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

Rally Rat
    well, depending on forum policy, I'll probably post a complete list, with pictures, of everything I want to part with, in whatever sub-catagory is appropriate. I will, of course, provide a link.

James.A
    Easy there,.... people have been scolded for conducting business on this forum. I don't know if it is being given the blind eye right now in light of the regular flea market being "down". I do not find the current forum based flea market to be bothersome.

Thread Jcck

Thread Jack: ON

I do not find the current forum based flea market to be bothersome.
    Nor do I. Not to jack this thread, but to jack this thread for a moment. Two "features" of the old Flea Market format that I miss are, 1) a "tickler" thumbnail image, which allowed you to identify an item visually (instead of having to read a description), and 2) the inclusion of the state of residence of the item. As it stands now most folks don't publish a photo, they request that you contact them to have images emailed... It's too cumbersome, and perhaps a little confusing to use for some.

Thread Jack: OFF

We now return to our regularly scheduled program.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Rally Rat
    Kurt came by, and helped me out of the goodness of his heart, and we managed to get this accomplished...

004.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by James.A View Post
    Easy there,.... people have been scolded for conducting business on this forum. I don't know if it is being given the blind eye right now in light of the regular flea market being "down". I do not find the current forum based flea market to be bothersome.
    No this is not being given a blind eye. I'm OK with things so far...Roguetek is just showing his "glee" in acquiring the parts. But for actually selling, etc., that will have to be done in the Flea Market or off the forum in the usual places.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by James.A View Post
    Thanks for looking out for me, James.

"well, depending on forum policy, I'll probably post a complete list, with pictures, of everything I want to part with, in whatever sub-catagory is appropriate. I will, of course, provide a link. " Is what I said earlier, which I think is pretty 'safe'...